Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tryed sighting in my destroyer with a HHA DS XL5519, With my sight in tape my 20 yard mark its number 16 and my 60 yard is number 42 on my sight in tape.

If you lisen to how they say i should caculate it i should be using sight in tape number 26 and the fastest tape they have is 29.

Has this happen to anybudy else or am i doing somthing wrong here?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Are you sure none of your tapes are missing? I just sighted mine in on my DZ-32 and my numbers were 9 and 34 and it had a tape to fit it. plus two more smaller numbers. I better double check my numbers but i am almost positive thats what they were.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure none of your tapes are missing? I just sighted mine in on my DZ-32 and my numbers were 9 and 34 and it had a tape to fit it. plus two more smaller numbers. I better double check my numbers but i am almost positive thats what they were.
On the pkg it says it comes with 44 yardage tapes and theres 44 in the pkg :noidea:

·
Registered
559 Posts
You are missing tapes. My Z7 has the #25 tape on it and I'm pretty sure I had tapes all the way down to #21. Check the packaging again, I bet you're missing the last card full of tapes.

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
The tapes go down to #21 ... ya know which card you need ?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tapes go down to #21 ... ya know which card you need ?
I need tape number 26, Thats freaken wierd. They say in the pkg im spost to have 44 tapes and theres 44 tapes in the pkg. Just none under 29.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
I need tape number 26, Thats freaken wierd. They say in the pkg im spost to have 44 tapes and theres 44 tapes in the pkg. Just none under 29.
your not wrong the dial sight numbrs go from 29-72 those are the 44 numbers it comes with.
This is from there web site unless something has changed thats what I got 29-72

The yardage tapes are numbered from 29 to 72. Now that you have sighted in at
20 yards and 40 yards, use the following procedure to select the correct tape:
Here is the whole link

http://www.hhasports.com/media/opt_ultra_conv_chart.pdf

The optimizer light goes from 22-64 are you guys sure thats not what you have?

·
Registered
15,233 Posts
yep, that's what the conversion chart is for

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, that's what the conversion chart is for
Wouldnt that not make any sence? If the tapes arnt fast enough to 60. The way i was told is if the person isnt a good enough shooter to sight in from 20-60 then he could use the 20-40.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Wouldnt that not make any sence? If the tapes arnt fast enough to 60. The way i was told is if the person isnt a good enough shooter to sight in from 20-60 then he could use the 20-40.
Whether you use the 20-40 or 20-60 sight in the tapes should end up to be the same.
You have the dial sight, the tapes are 29-72 and yes it is possible your bow is too fast to use the sight tapes. My lowest one was 31 (meaning the one that worked out to my setup)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whether you use the 20-40 or 20-60 sight in the tapes should end up to be the same.
You have the dial sight, the tapes are 29-72 and yes it is possible your bow is too fast to use the sight tapes. My lowest one was 31 (meaning the one that worked out to my setup)
Do HHA make faster tapes you can buy? i just orderd the same sight for my monster XLR8. So if my D350 is 2 fast my XLR8 will be even worst.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Do HHA make faster tapes you can buy? i just orderd the same sight for my monster XLR8. So if my D350 is 2 fast my XLR8 will be even worst.
Give them a call, I gotta hope they have some faster ones with all these speed bows out now. I think some of the guys answering you are not using the dial but the regular slider. But maybe something changed and I am wrong. I know I got the same as you.
If you look at there web site you will see they use a different range for the different sights.
I see you are trading for one, I have a dsxl5519 with a lens kit and was looking at your hoggit. I guess this will depend whether you want another

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Give them a call, I gotta hope they have some faster ones with all these speed bows out now. I think some of the guys answering you are not using the dial but the regular slider. But maybe something changed and I am wrong. I know I got the same as you.
If you look at there web site you will see they use a different range for the different sights.
I see you are trading for one, I have a dsxl5519 with a lens kit and was looking at your hoggit. I guess this will depend whether you want another

I sent you a pm about the trade

·
Registered
771 Posts
hha ds-5519

I have an HHA DS-5519. I've been working out my numbers for a few weeks. My tapes go down to 21. so your 26 tape is clearly included in the package for an HHA DS-5519.

Heck, if you want my 26 tape, I'll send it to you. Let me know :)

In any case, you have one fast bow. I hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I have an HHA DS-5519. I've been working out my numbers for a few weeks. My tapes go down to 21. so your 26 tape is clearly included in the package for an HHA DS-5519.

Heck, if you want my 26 tape, I'll send it to you. Let me know :)

In any case, you have one fast bow. I hope you enjoy it :)
Does yours have a wheel to turn that the tape go's on or a slider?? there are 2 models the DS xl 5519 and DS ol 5519.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Does yours have a wheel to turn that the tape go's on or a slider?? there are 2 models the DS xl 5519 and DS ol 5519.
There are two models the DS (Optimizer Lite Ultra) and the OL (Optimizer Lite.) The DS is the one with the dial adjustment. That's the one I have. The OL has a slider pin adjustment.

The xl in the product name refers to the size of the Sight Housing. The regular size is 1 5/8th inch, the xl is 2 inches. I don't think that would have any affect on the sight tapes.

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
There are two models the DS (Optimizer Lite Ultra) and the OL (Optimizer Lite.) The DS is the one with the dial adjustment. That's the one I have. The OL has a slider pin adjustment.

The xl in the product name refers to the size of the Sight Housing. The regular size is 1 5/8th inch, the xl is 2 inches. I don't think that would have any affect on the sight tapes.
Dead on :teeth:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts