Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright i had a friend come over before a football game and we were gunna shoot my brand new hoyt rampage xt that i payed for myself saved up along time and i handed it to him and sied dry fire it u buy it in a jokingly way and i walked away and i heard a smack and my friend just sied oh **** but i think the only thing that broke wus the strings my mom and stepdad are bringing it into scheels today to get it fixed and im just not sure if i can ever trust my bow agien wut do you think

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check to make sure the cams are still in one piece and that there are no cracks on the limbs. If they're ok, chances are the bow is still in good shape.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Never let anyone handle your bow, except a someone who actually knows how to handle one. I don't let anyone touch my bow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
A similar thing happeed to me , and it was someone telling me they knew all about bows , if you are gonna let someone have a shot , stay by their side , and make sure they go through all the proper processes in order to shoot , it will tell you straight away if they have benn lying and dont know what the heck they are doing , with what essentially can be at worst a lethal piece of equipment.
And also can show them the proper way to shoot , and how to care and use the equipment properly , and for them to possibly enjoy it and want a bow of their own and get into the pastime.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Lesson learned. Write me a check for $800 and I'll let you draw my bow, otherwise forget about it. Wayyy too much time and effort into my set-up to even chance somebody screwing it up.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
allright i had a friend come over before a football game and we were gunna shoot my brand new hoyt rampage xt that i payed for myself saved up along time and i handed it to him and sied dry fire it u buy it in a jokingly way and i walked away and i heard a smack and my friend just sied oh **** but i think the only thing that broke wus the strings my mom and stepdad are bringing it into scheels today to get it fixed and im just not sure if i can ever trust my bow agien wut do you think

It will be fine!!!! Just check out the limbs inside and out ... And don't let friends draw your bow back without an arrow in it.. I see this about 4 times a month.. Same scenario!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
They are built to withstand a lot of dry firing.
Bring to shop and get it checked over, should be fine.
Never again let anyone touch your equipment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lesson learned. Write me a check for $800 and I'll let you draw my bow, otherwise forget about it. Wayyy too much time and effort into my set-up to even chance somebody screwing it up.
Thats what im talking about...if I was the one writing the check, Id probably think twice. After writing 8...0...0... on the check, I would just hand it back and watch you shoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts