Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had originally purchased a Reign 7, and loved it, but since I will not be hunting anymore, only 3D, the shop was nice enough to let me upgrade it to the BT Mag, which has a 36" ATA.

So I just had 60X strings & cables put on my bow, from all the positive things I've heard about them here on this forum, I have yet to really shoot it since to try the strings out, but it looks great! My brand new bow is finally all setup!

What do you think guys / girls?

#60 Bowtech BT Mag
CBE Hybrid Tek Pro sight (4X mag with a #2 clarifier)
QAD Ultra rest

20180706_190943.jpg
20180706_191509.jpg
20180706_191228.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking rig. Just to note, your string stop is upside down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Funny you mention that, when I received my new set of strings from 60X, the serving did NOT ling up with my string stop at all.
So I called 60X and the support guy told me BT were adjustable, and I could flip it upside down, when I did so, the serving aligned perfectly with the string stop.
So was this a mistake from the guy who made my strings? Also, will it being flipped around adversely effect my bow in any way?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I dont think it will affect anything but I personally would not accept a string made wrong, let alone them making excuses for doing so.
Funny you mention that, when I received my new set of strings from 60X, the serving did NOT ling up with my string stop at all.
So I called 60X and the support guy told me BT were adjustable, and I could flip it upside down, when I did so, the serving aligned perfectly with the string stop.
So was this a mistake from the guy who made my strings? Also, will it being flipped around adversely effect my bow in any way?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very new to this sport, and I did call them to complain about a few things, and he told me the strings were right, and the bow was wrong..
I believed him, that's the thing.. I don't know who to believe, everyone tells me something different.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
I like it, congrats!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I test shot the Realm.. the Realm X.. and the BT MAG side by side and I would’ve gone home with the BT MAG!!! Just a solid, stable bow and great overall performance! The longer axle to axle just felt more steady at full draw than the shorter Realm and Realm X! Definitely a great all around 3D now for sure! Congrats on your set up!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What got you out of the hunting?

And, very nice bow!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a Realm x and a bt mag both are great bows, from someone that wouldn't even look at a Bowtech 6 months ago.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I am very new to this sport, and I did call them to complain about a few things, and he told me the strings were right, and the bow was wrong..
I believed him, that's the thing.. I don't know who to believe, everyone tells me something different.
That is the standard 60x answer, always the customer's fault. The very reason why I would not even buy d-loop material from them, or Bradco which is 60x also on ebay.

I do wish you well with the BT-Mag. They look like sweet bows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there,

This bow was totally setup by my pro shop.

How should it be adjusted? I noticed the cable kind of overlaps the rubber flipper for setting the rest, but I was told that is how it is made.

Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi there,

This bow was totally setup by my pro shop.

How should it be adjusted? I noticed the cable kind of overlaps the rubber flipper for setting the rest, but I was told that is how it is made.

Thanks for letting me know.
I would google how to set up qad rest and watch a video. hope it helps

1 - 20 of 24 Posts