Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he used to live in NY, but recently moved to NJ, he found this nice spot 5 min from his house, first day in there he sees a huge 8 pointer with a nice 6 and a few does, then he calls me 1 hour later to tell me he saw a huge spike, and a huge 6 pointer jumped his string from 30 yards out, tomorow I will be hedding out to NJ to get my out of state tag, it's only 40 min hr drive from my house to that state land, man for his first day in a NJ not bad I say, he has never seen so many bucks in ny state in one sitting, I can't wait, cya.:D

·
Registered
916 Posts
New Joisie huh

Can you hear me now?!
Good!

Good luck
Eat safe
Out for now

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Cell phone Stupid Moves

He he would spend moree time huntingand less time TALKING andbragging he might kill a deer IMHO

I guess I would bragg if I moved out of New York to NJ:confused:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
That's what I'm saying. Wait it out if those two are running the same trails, it's only a matter of time before you get that chance. PATIENCE is key to arrowing those big boys. Good luck just the same.:)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Re: Cell phone Stupid Moves

Africanbowhunter said:
He he would spend moree time huntingand less time TALKING andbragging he might kill a deer IMHO

I guess I would bragg if I moved out of New York to NJ:confused:
Is it just me Tink,or do you really enjoy being sarcastic all the time??
There was a very nice thread about you the other day and alot of good guys said alot of "nice" things about you.
I appreciate your knowledge,and wisdom on our sport.But I think you need to check the "attitude" when talking to fellow hunters IMHO

He did'nt say his brother called from a treestand.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
HALF jOKE HALF TRUTH

Thanks Sir-

I WAS SERIOUS WHEN I Said that his brother ought not be talkign on cells while hunting If you on a cell you are not silent and you cant be paying attention to nature and the wind, etc.

tHE PART ABOUT MOVING WAS A REFLECTION on HIS FEELING that it was importent enough to mention that he moved from New York.......................

Now had he moved to Montana or Colorado that would be really something to bragg about.............

But Gee moving to New Jersey, the most populated state per square mile in the country...........with the worst gun Control Regulations, does NOT look like a step up

But if he is better off than in NY, Then I take my old camo cap off to him

What I have found here is many members here dont have much of a sense of humor:(

I think cell phones are an important hunting aide if you get hurt or shot or lost

I knew a fellow PH in South Africa who had a German cleint on the last day of a Buffalo-Lesss gun hunt African Safari-----
They were moving in for the kill ona huge Dagga Boy Buffalo Bull o about 30 yards and the PH's cell phone rang Sending the Buffalo exploding off and was never seen again

The German Client was ready to shoot the PH Professional Hunter and filed a complaint with the RSA Professional Hunters Society for Gross Neglicence of the hunt

Still think you Boys Up North Should Lighten it up a notch or two

I had a Hunter Client from New England Once.... maybe Vermont Nice guy but he thought every one from New York were
"Damned Southerners" to his way of thinking

I am seldom scarastic unless the person is really asking for it......

Sorry I thougt your "BRO" was calling from the woods

re reading the Post he says "an Hour later he called etc etc"

did he run hometo use the phone I wonder or was he really calling from the woods?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
relax all, I was just saying for his first time in new woods he saw lots of action, that's all I was trying to say, I am heading out there tomorow myself to pick up a NJ licence, he was in there with his bow on the ground, it was a windy day and he played the wind in his favor, when we hunt together which is every season we always talk on the cell phone, it's like a walkie talkie same concept, even though he did use the phone on 2 occasions to call me while he was in the woods it did not stop him from seeing all those deer, in NewYork state it's not so easy to see all those deer in one 2 hr sitting especially in state land where me and him hunt, we do not have the privilage to hunt in private land and the ones we did hunt on got sold and with that so did our hunting there, and please forgive my bro for beign excited, he always hunts of a tree stand "portable clmber Lone Wolf", he could not believe all the deer he saw while on the ground, he could not find a suitable tree while scouting the area, and the other thing is us New Yorkers get excited when we get the chance to shoot a few deer during archery season, not like in our state where you get one tag for archery kill be it a doe or buck you get only one tag, and the archery season ends just before the rifle season wheres in NJ you get to hunt late archery into January through Feb, to all a safe and succesfull hunting season.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Everyone in NJ talks on their cell phones all the time Tink!

:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
I resent that comment.....I live in NJ and we are......wait a second be right back......gotta answer the cell phone......Dave

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Jersey.....

Wow! I didn't know New Jersey was even big enough to have a north and south, let alone separate counties!:eek: Sorry, couldn't help myself.:p Maybee you could try calling in a buck, with a cell phone!:D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Tink

You are taqlking about someone living in a populated area???????

Did you forget that you live in NORTHERN VA?????? The only place worse is Los Angels.

As for the sense of humor thing.......

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NJPDDET said:
I resent that comment.....I live in NJ and we are......wait a second be right back......gotta answer the cell phone......Dave
u ***** :):D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Jersey.....

Hollowpoint10 said:
Wow! I didn't know New Jersey was even big enough to have a north and south, let alone separate counties!:eek: Sorry, couldn't help myself.:p Maybee you could try calling in a buck, with a cell phone!:D
you are one funny guy, ha ha ha, that was a knee slaper:):D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here in south central VA you cannot get a signal for a cell phone if you are in the woulds. I guess that is the same in most under populated areas. That is just the way I like it too because the wife can't keep calling me and asking when I am going to be home or if I could pick up something from the store on the way home like she does when I'm fishing. I can't wait until Saturday. I feel like I'm 10 and it's almost Christmas, Just a little more excited.

·
Registered
834 Posts
hold on.. i gotta PAK DA CAAAAAR.. :) I didnt even know they had woods out there anymore ;).. I think you guys hung ladder stands on light poles, and shot alley cats, and pit bulls :)... heh heh heh sorry.. just a country boy havin fun :) when you wanna shoot some big deer come to the upper midwest :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts