Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was shooting yesterday morning when I heard a snap just as I released an arrow. The arrow hit about ten inches to the left:confused: . When I inspected my bow I found cracks through my grip:eek:! I tried shooting a couple more arrows but there is too much flex to the back of the grip and results in an inconsistent POI. What a pain! And this close to deer season:mad: ! I figure there had to have been a hair-line crack for a while that made the grip weak. I'm going to order a wood grip today and maybe try to glue my old grip to get me by. This ever happen to anyone else?

Attachments

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
Can you shoot it without a grip?
My bow grip is just wrapped with the stuff you put on tennis racket handles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sencond what Kstigall said, I have always shot without the grip on the bow I use the Tennis or Raquetball grip tape and mold it to my needs. Plus it easier to grab when it is cold or wet out.

good Luck:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as my first attempt at fixing this situation I glued my grip back together with Loc-Tite glue....darn powerful stuff....and let it set overnight. When I put the grip back on this morning it still had some flex....a slight gap between grip and riser on the right side. When I shot my first arrow...sure enough...it went to the left....as well as my second and my third. I was getting fed up so I took the grip off and presto....first shot was in the black. Follow up shots proved that it wasn't a fluke.

Kstigall, BHE, that idea with the tennis handle wrap sounds good. I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the replies.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
Not sure what the PSE Thunderbolt looks like under the factory grip, but the new Mojo's and others are basically just a rubber strip on either side of the riser. You wouldn't think at first that it's a good idea, but it really does cut down on the potential for torque. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Limbsaver wrap!!

That wrap that Limbsaver makes is good stuff and should be in any pro shop!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my new grip...

Here's a pic of my new grip. Not sure if it's temporary or not...yet. I used some vetwrap in my firstaid kit for the horses. Wrapped an entire roll of it around the riser really tight. Then I shot it few times and really liked the results. I finished it with a wrap of good ole hockey tape:wink: . Doesn't look too bad, shoots as good as it ever did, but seems to be a little quieter....might be my imagination:confused: . Maybe I should have taken a pic before I started....but by the time I thought about it...it was too late:) .

Attachments

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
i have a thin layer of black athletic tape on my riser, nothing else. Love it. Torque has been eliminated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts