Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bud after three long years has finally taken his first buck and man what a doosey. main frame ten with a 3 inch kicker coming off the right beam. 5 and 6 inch g1's, 8 inch g2's, 7.5" g3's, 18.5" inside spread. length of beam was around 19 inches equally. he was using a browning mirage 33 set at 64 lbs running beman ics 500's with 100 gr. rocket hammerheads. almost spooked him cause he was getting out of his blind when he came out of the timber. we guestimated the weight to be around 270lbs. congrats man, you have earned this one with all the ribbing me and troy have given you in the past!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry guys, i had a slow connection and then it finally went through. oh well we can look at it a few times can't we?

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,256 Posts
How long were the G-4's? The G-3's look longer than the G-2's.

·
Registered
757 Posts
No doubt! Thats a bow kill worth the wait. Very Nice Buck. Man you guys are getting me fired up. Come on Oct 15th!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they were roughly the same length as the g2's. we haven't realy got picky on the measuring cause we were using a 100' tape and it would bend that good. taxidermist said it would go mid 140's [email protected] even with that 3 incher as a big deduct, he will prolly only have around 6 inches total in deduction cause he was very symetrical.

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,256 Posts
I figured he would net about 138" but it is hard to tell everything on a picture. I do think it grosses in the high 140's but I figured about 8.5" deducts with the sticker and then other deducts.
Heck of a buck no mater what it scores.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
he's a great looking first buck and looks to gross close to 140's for sure congrats ont he deer
rob k

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Nice buck for sure!!! Congratulations- you guys must be excited!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts