Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm so proud. not a monster, but i've done alot of scouting to find this guy. this public land hunting is hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Real nice buck. I hunt public land as well & that would definitely be a shooter.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Nice buck, nice picture.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Nice one--thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
thats a nice high and tight rack......is it me or does that deer got a beer gut?man hes fat for summer.....

maxx

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuddeback

i love this camera. so easy to use and takes great pics. here's his little bachelor buddy. the fatness i hope is because of the biologic i planted. that hot spot is a great no till seed. germinated in three days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Nice deer, good luck hope you get him.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Cool pic, best of luck on the buck. Did I read that right, you have you Cuddeback and a foodplot on PUBLIC ground! :eek: Man, I would be worried all the time about that set-up! :confused:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Yeah you have a food plot on public land? How are you able to do that without no one finding it or using it? And how did you plant the biologic? Did you rake the ground up alittle before planting? Nice buck by the way hope you get a crack at him.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
areas

i hunt areas that are usually overlooked. i actually walked a rear tined tiller 300 yards back off the road into this area. ran it over the area a few times and waited about a week. two days of rain were forecast so i went out and scattered the seed, and raked it in. germinated in three days. alot of it is nipped to the ground by the deer, but i plan on reseeding it with another bag. that hot spot is the best no till seed i've ever tried. and if someone wants that camera, they better take a chainsaw. hunting public land is hard but i've been fortunate with no deployments this year that i've been able to spend alot of time out there. i've got a date saturday morning at this spot though and i hope my friends pictured above show up....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here we go

well i just got through getting my gear together and putting it by the door. managed to get the day off tomorrow just to go shoot and rest for the opener on saturday. doesn't look great though. almost full moon all night friday night. can't kill 'em if you ain't in the stand though, right. northwest wind forecast for saturday morning, so i'll be there. hopefully i'll be updating with another pic.......

good luck everyone

radley

1 - 17 of 17 Posts