Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you know by reading a few of my posts i bought a matrix back in december and i have loved the bow. The bow holds and shoot phenominally. The only part i have not liked about it is that at around 60lbs it does not have enough holding weight for my liking but at 70lbs it shoots awesome. So...i did what many said you can't do and put spiral cams on it with the stock arc limbs. I dropped about 12 lbs of draw but i now have 70% letoff instead of 78% letoff and the bow peaks right at 60lbs. I am waiting on a quality set of strings that should be here anyday now but with the super twisted string and cables i have not it shoots very very well out to 50 yards that i have shot it. The draw is 27.75" amo draw 60lbs and was shooting a 408gn arrow at 261fps. Once i get good strings and play with some speed nocks i am hoping to get up around the 270 mark at this setup. With the old cams and being a little long on draw i was at 28 1/8" amo draw 66lbs and was shooting 270 with the same arrow. I haven't weighed my acc's i am shooting now but i have chrono'd them at 266fps. The bow has even less vibration(hard to believe but i noticed when in stripped the bow down to nothing) and it is quieter with a bare string than before with string silencers. If hoyt comes out with this setup next year with a smaller price tag they are going to have one heck of a bow.

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely a sweet rig. I hope it stays together for you.
Should not be a problem. There is less load on the limbs at full draw now compared to before. There is about a whole nother inch of load on the limbs at full draw with the xtr cams.

·
wannabtradguy
15,318 Posts
very nice. thx for posting those pics

·
Registered
107 Posts
sweet bow

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey that's pretty awesome! I love how hoyts can be customized so well!
I am looking into dipping my CM, so I may look into that too.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I think the guys at Hoyt might be a little red faced once they find out that you came up with their new bow! Nice work.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Cool.

:izza:

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the guys at Hoyt might be a little red faced once they find out that you came up with their new bow! Nice work.
I have a thing for not shooting stock equipment and i am not afraid to part bows together from other pieces;)

only thing i'm not digging is that quiver lol but it dies make it unique.
See next post.

Thats awesome what did you do to the quiver? It looks cool
You can say i have a very good releationship with the company and they got a few hoods in that where from the molder and the previous mold was red so they had to clean out the old molding and it ended up mixing with the black and i grabbed it when i saw it. Not something everyone can get.

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update. I got the new string and cables in. I am now shooting 272fps 62.5lbs 27 5/8" amo draw length with a 386gn arrow.

And the quiver hood looks way better on the other side. Ill take better pics later.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Thanks for posting Sneak. It helps me out to show this to my wife and prove there are actually people that spend more time tuning bows than ME! :D

Nice to see a young guy with the passion for the sport and the mechanics too. hope to get out to a 3d soon, hope to see you there. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What size are the Spirals did you use to get your draw length and how does the draw cycle compare to say a AlphaBurner in the same draw?

BTW the bow looks awesome :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts