Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks. I want to make one but a TON of sand!!! Let us know how you like it in a week or so. Sounds like the way to go.

·
<---(.)(.)---<<<
2,311 Posts
Better cover that sand up... stray cat LOVE sand boxes and will utilize them for their "personal" use!
Target practice..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I defenitley like the idea of this. I'm just wondering how it's going to hold up after being out in the elements for a while. Keep us posted on how this holds up..

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Couple Ideas, keep a tarp maybe 5X5 infront of the target to catch the sand that will eventually come out the front. this will facillitate getting the sand back in target after some shooting. also for targets, get some tape and a set of old playign cards. make a tape loop on the card at top and bottom, then take a sring or rubberband and string it from top of target to the bottom to keep it from swaying .

One more little bit, if you dont own that structure behind the target, I suggest you make the back stop larger. I wold trust your shooting 99.99% of the time, but it is the one time that maybe a d-loop lets go at the wrong time or something else happens that sends the arrow over or around the inteded sand target. I know been there done that, managed to hit the neighbors trash keeping area wooden shed.

Otherwiser, looks ok and will get the job done, I love the cosmetic repair job;)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, just an update, I absolutely love my sand box target. It's holding sand just perfectly, no leaks anywhere. I've already shot the same carbon arrow, Easton Camo Axis, with field points & muzzy broadheads at least 100 times no problems of wear at all. I exclusively shoot a recurve and/or a longbow, but the trailer behind the target is empty, noone will be in there, but I always check the area before I start shooting. Anyway, I definitely encourage you to build one, if your looking for something that you can't EVER wear out. I guess I might have to add some sand in a year or so, but that might be 1 bag which is $3.87 at Home Depot. In my area 1 ton of mason sand is $12/ton, had a landscaper deliver it for $20
Would love to see other's ideas & finished projects. Also, no cats yet, they know better than to come around with My two 80 pound Wimeraners just waiting for a furry meal.

·
Thors Hammer
983 Posts
looks good also another good idea for targets is cotton balls just trow a few on the sand and shoot away works pretty good

·
Registered
165 Posts
my 2 cents worth

well it works but i dont think it has a chance with a monster not to mention kids who watch this video please dont shoot toward your house with a bow sorry archery coach coming out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts