Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a DXT last year and have shot it quite a bit and love it. the other day I was playing around with different draw weights and thought I would max it out just to see the difference in the pull since I usually shoot about 64 lbs. Strangely enough, I tightened the limbs bolts till they won't tighten any more and I am only getting 66 lbs out of my 60-70lb limbs. When I bought it, I know it maxed out at 71lbs because I had to turn it down some. Does anyone know what would cause this?

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
String and cable have settled in. Put about 4 to 6 twists into the bottom of the cable then check cam orientation.:wink:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Mine also maxes at 66lbs. It shoots great though so i havent messed with it.

Mine is a year old.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
String and cable have settled in. Put about 4 to 6 twists into the bottom of the cable then check cam orientation.:wink:
Settled?:lol:
Stretched!:wink:

Dale's right though...bring it back in spec with a few twists:thumbs_up

·
Sultan of Smack
5,729 Posts
My Reezen did the same thing after a month or so. Maxed out at 67lbs. About 7 twists to the cable brought it back to 71lbs. Check specs after you're done.

SCFox

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Set it to specs and you should be fine.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've heard of a few cases in SA where the DXT limbs have been replaced due to the bow not reaching max poundage.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cam orientation?

sounds like my problem is string and cable stretch. I really appreciate everyones help....but what is cam orientation and how exactly do you check it?

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
sounds like my problem is string and cable stretch. I really appreciate everyones help....but what is cam orientation and how exactly do you check it?
There are two small holes in the cam get them to line up even with the string.:wink:

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
Thats with the axle to axle and brace height right on. I know they don't have to be exact but it shoots great the way it is so I didnt mess with it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I should note that if you use aftermarket strings with thicker serving (i.e. HALO) it may be impossible to get your bow to max poundage using Mathews specs. due to the fact that the serving is thicker as it goes over the idler wheel and through the roller guard and thus changes the geometry of the bow.

I have HALO for my idler wheel and roller guard serving and the max I can get my S2 to is 69.2#. Not that the .8# is a big deal but it is something people should be aware of when installing custom strings. I can get the bow to 70# but then the cam timing is off as well as the AtA so I just take the 69.2# and shoot the heck out of it! :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Last year, my bows performance started to suffer and about 67 lbs. was all I could get out of my 60-70# limbs. I also noticed that my cams were not in sync. A few cable twists bought things back to where they should be.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
I should note that if you use aftermarket strings with thicker serving (i.e. HALO) it may be impossible to get your bow to max poundage using Mathews specs. due to the fact that the serving is thicker as it goes over the idler wheel and through the roller guard and thus changes the geometry of the bow.

I have HALO for my idler wheel and roller guard serving and the max I can get my S2 to is 69.2#. Not that the .8# is a big deal but it is something people should be aware of when installing custom strings. I can get the bow to 70# but then the cam timing is off as well as the AtA so I just take the 69.2# and shoot the heck out of it! :)
LOL your scale can be off more than .8 that isn't anything, sure it's even calibrated correctly. I haven't even seen a scale that can measure that close:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts