Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1 or 2 month's ago i sold my ground blind that i used about 3 times and never killed anything from it. The extra 18 pounds of lugging the blind and my other gear was killing my back. I had to drop some weight. So i sold it and bought the Slip System from Elk Mountain Slip systems. The System is basically a built tough Umbrella that weighs a little over a pound. Way better than 18 pounds. The system is a lightweight portable blind for Spot and Stalking, It has a built in trekking pole for help on those uneven area's. The Systems Slip has over a dozen Decoys and generic Camo patterns to help you with blending in and getting closer for those shots. The pole has a built in Monopode. The system comes with a gun rest adapter and camera adapter. A instructional DVD is included with your purchase. elkmtngear.com please tell them Simon Sent you. :D The Camo I chose was Open Country. I will upload a video of me using it while getting ready for my Archery turkey hunt. But some 50 mph howling winds and rain popped up while i was taking the pics. I can't wait to try this System out in the field. Thanks to Jeff and Cory at elk Mountain inc.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Have to love the convienance of that light wieght/quick set umbrella style blind. If I remember correctly isn't that post sturdy enough that they advertise it can be used as a walking stick also? good luck with those Toms
you would go crazy here Toms walking down the road near every day and my niebhor has a nice one at his feeder all the time, but we still have no spring season in my area.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have to love the convienance of that light wieght/quick set umbrella style blind. If I remember correctly isn't that post sturdy enough that they advertise it can be used as a walking stick also? good luck with those Toms
you would go crazy here Toms walking down the road near every day and my niebhor has a nice one at his feeder all the time, but we still have no spring season in my area.
Thanks Scott. I am confident that this Slip System will work. lol I took it to my Local Hunting shop and the gun store and demo'ed it for them. they really liked how Light it is but it seems durable. How great this would be for spot and stalking, Or just for quick set ups. I am 280 pounds and the Trekking pole option is holding my weight up with no problem. Plus it comes with a Camera and Gun Adapter. Simon

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a few more pics of the other slips i have.

Elk Cow,

Open Country Turkey,

Open Country Elk,

Back View,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts