Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was sitting in my treestand and I had a doe come in at 5:15. I shot and missed her so i was very unhappy, but I sat for the rest of the night anyway. around 7:15 I heard some crunching so i looked behind me and a small buck and a doe were coming straight downwind of me working right toward my stand. I got my self ready for the shot and the buck passed through a small shooting lane at 6 Yds. I double lunged him and he ran about 55 yds and was toast. I shot him with a 100 grain spitfire, GT 5575, and a switchback. It was my first buck ever and my second ever archery deer!!! Now i cant wait to get back out and fill my mule deer doe tag!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Congratulations on a well-placed shot. :)

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
CONGRATS bud on your first bow buck! Boy you put the smack down on 'em now! :thumbs_up :cool:

Save the horns/skull and do something special with them like having the skull cleaned and mounted on a nice piece of walnut or oak. That will be the animal and the hunt you relive a thousand times over the next many years. Congrats again bud on a fine kill.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thats just great !

he he I was probaly 40 yrs old when I shot my first doe,have yet to kill a buck.You have so many wonderful hunts ahead of you.Congrats,U DA MAN !
You are off to a great start !

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats on the buck!! Looks like those spitfires did an awesome job, I love them. I would love to be able to get a buck in velvet someday. You did good!!:RockOn:

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
What a rush, way to go, that first buck is always special and a great achievement. Any time you can get within 6 yards you're doing something right. Congratulations.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Very cool, first buck and its in velvet! You should make sure to get it to a taxidermist right away, they can inject the horns with something that preserves the velvet, even if you don't get it mounted. i think a European mount in full velvet would look very cool.

·
Registered
161 Posts
guess that pic answers the question on if spitfires are good for deer used them myself congrats on succesful hunt nice deer good luck with muledeer looking forward to seeing pic of it

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
It's always a proud moment when knock down your first buck.:) I can remember mine like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Great job. Well placed shot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great Shootin... Looks like those Spitfires did the job! Congradulations on great shot placement and a quick recovery!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts