Archery Talk Forum banner

My first ASA Tournament

560 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  XForce Girl
I went to my first ASA Tournament as a spectator. I have been shooting for 40 plus years. In my younger day I shot field archery and bowhunter competition but never any 3-d. Since I live a short drive from West Monroe, I wanted to see if I had been missing anything so I went to the tournament. I must say I was really impressed. It was a first class event. I keep up with ASA thru the internet. I always wondered why some of the pros that never win, fly across the country to shoot in one of these events. Now I know. It's fun just to be there. Most of the competitors seemed to be best friends. Its as much about friendships and visting as it is about shooting and winning. Every pro I approached was very friendly and seemed pleased to answer any question about their equipment.--I ran in to a couple AT members. It was good to put a face with a name. One of the members was very friendly and had a good visit; the other member almost acted annoyed when I approached him, not at all what I expected. You never know? I am hoping to make the Paris tournament and shoot in the known 45.---If you get a chance, you need to go and see one of these events. It's worth the time.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,023 Posts
...sssshhh...heck man keep that to yourself...if the TRUTH gets out that there is an Archery Organization that is run right and the attendees HAVE FUN :mg:

...everyone will want to start going!!!...lol...

...you hit the nail square on the head about the ASA and the Tournaments they put on...FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!! :cool:

74,554 Posts
Glad you like what you saw. Now come shoot the Classic or Paris next month.
DB

· Registered
122 Posts
I shot saturday and it was horrible!!! What made it worse sunday was shooting in calf deep mud. Still had a blast. I love the ASA's. Georgia will be my next (Long Drive from Memphis!).

· Registered
10,119 Posts
I plan on going to 2 this year, Augusta, GA and London, KY.

Hope the gas doesn't get too high, we are carpooling so the cost will be shared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.