Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a noob to bow building and just finished my first board bow. I made it out of red oak based on advice on this forum and the Sam Harper build along. I was bored and stuck in Brookhaven Ms over mothers day and decided to build a bow. I was originally going to just fashion one out of a tree limb and then did some research and found how affordable and easy it was to build a quality bow, so a day later I finished my first bow. I have provided a link to my photobucket page, but will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do so. Anyhow wanted to just say thank you for all the informative posts you guys have here and tell you what a great site you have! I must say I was very surprised at how nice my bow turned out. It is beautiful, and a great learning experience. The only problem I had is that i planed the limbs to thin so I only got about 35 lbs. I have started a new bow and will add nock laminations and maybe back it with bamboo as I have tons of it in the back yard. I will post pics of this one as well!
http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af329/spankychatterbox/

·
Registered
750 Posts
1st....welcome to Archery Talk....2nd...welcome to world of bowbuilding......now you'll be hooked for life....looks to me like you did a pretty good job for your first bow....it would also be great to post some pics at full draw....what is your brace height(distance between handle and string) on this bow....most bows usually are around 6-7 inches...just curious..looks wider than that...may be the angle of the pics...now it's time to start another....Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
nice work, we all here like to see more photos when you have a chance.

My first bow also just like yours was red oak and a whopping 35#, its easy to take too much off the first time.

hope you build another soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts