Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am so excited I just had to put up a post. After searching high and low for a bow shop in my province that sells diamond/bowtech bows to no avail I decided to order a diamond outlaw online. I know it's a major no no to buy a bow before shooting it, but I researched tirelessly about this bow and am 99% sure that this is the one I want. Nothing else out there seems to be able to touch it for value, and being that it will be my first bow I am sure I will learn to deal with the very few issues that I have heard of. Now here's the kicker, I was shopping around online this weekend for this bow only to find that the only store with the 70lb rh model in stock was bass pro. Since I live in Canada I called bass pro to give me a total after shipping and duty. To do this they had to place a test order in there system to get the final total ($598). Happy with the price but not ready to order I told them to put the order on hold so I could think about it. Today after calling every archery store within 300kms I realized this was my only option and went to the bass pro site to see if it was still in stock. My heart sank when I saw that they were sold out. Realizing that I had told the cs rep to put my order on hold and not cancel it, I decided to take a shot in the dark that maybe by some act of god they had actually reserved one just for me even though I gave them no credit card number or reason to do so. I decided even before I called that if they were holding one just for me I owed it to them to make the purchase. When I called the rep told me that they did indeed have one set aside just for me, I couldn't believe it, they were actually refusing people's orders who had credit card in hand just because I said I wanted to think about it. I guess you really can get first class service from the big box stores. Sorry for the long winded post but I thought I should share that given people's usual distaste for bps.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've shot the Outlaw and it is an awesome bow. If the DL and ATA fits you, then I'm pretty sure you are gonna like the bow. It's quiet and very fast. The wall is pretty good too.
It is by far, my favorite of the 3 Diamonds this year (Fugitive and Deadeye)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got my bow today! Way earlier than I expected so of course I have no arrows and no release... I'll be heading out tomorrow to pick those things up and give this beast a try. I do have a few questions though, I know I should put about 50 shots through it before I worry about tuning so I'll do that tomorrow, but where do I start? 1) The bow came with a d loop but no brass nocking point, is that sufficient to use as a nocking point? 2) I can see some obvious idler wheel lean, both at rest and full draw, it seems that since the buss cable is held off to the right by the cable guide this should be normal but maybe I'm supposed to adjust for this? 3) The string, rest, and sight do not line up together so I'll surely have to fix that but which do I move first? 4) the two timing marks on the cam are not centered around the string, one is actually covered by the string. 5) the peep doesn't line up straight on it's own, maybe I need one of those rubber alignment doohickeys?

I have a pretty good idea of how to make most of these adjustments, I'm more in need of the proper order to make sure one adjustment doesn't affect another. Lastly I'm not sure if this is normal or not but the limbs on this bow are offset from the center of the riser, it looks purposeful, the top one is offset left and the bottom right. Thanks alot for your help guys, I can't wait to get this thing up and going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the Diamond Outlaw and I know how you feel about the fact that they are hard to find. I was lucky enough to need a LH but my brother was not. He searched for months locally and could not find one. They are well worth the money. With the tuning problems, I would suggest taking it to a local archery store and having them look it over, saves time and headache. Also, the warranty is not void if a dealer does the maintenance. The outlaw has an amazing sight. The Apex truglo is amazingly bright. The one thing I changed on mine after 3 weeks is the rest. Some times the veins would catch on the bristles on the Hostage rest and your arrows would be off a bit, which is hot good if you are shooting for money. lol. I switched to the Trophy Ridge revolution, but that is just my preference. Its a great bow for the money.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I also switched to the revolution on my assasin and am very happy with it have 2 deer in the freezer already.
the timing marks being differant is not a problem what you really want to check is make sure that when your draw stop hits, the other cam is in the exact same spot in the dwell.
Then set nock height and center shot, check it by paper tune or bare shaft tuning.
the cam lean can be done anytime as long as the strings are staying on the bow.

A good bow shop should take care of all this for free if your there buying arrows and release and BH, but even if they charge it is worth just having it taken care of so all you have to do is paper tune and sight in. enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts