Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here so first off, hello everyone and happy to meet you all. It's a nice forum you got here.

I have a question where you might be able to help. This summer I finally made my first "serious" bow. It's a traditional English longbow, ash, 60lb @ 29". I also made a few arrows and went out to do a little practice. Now, I'm completely self taught as far as archery goes. I thought the bow turned out pretty nice and I specifically wanted to see how far it would shoot. I was pretty disappointed though because none of about a dozen shots got over 90 yards! Granted, my arrows might be too heavy for a 60lb bow (750gr, 150gr field points) and the wind was pretty strong today. But I still expected a lot more. Is there something wrong with that bow? What would be a realistic max. range for a homemade setup like that anyway? Thanks a lot for any feedback!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Honestly i think your arrows are a tad heavy and you should maybe try shooting carbon arrows to get the most of your longbow. Most Carbon arrow companies offer traditional looking carbon arrows. Trty some out:wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts