Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new in archery, only a few months, and I'm going to buy my first bow. I'm offered an used riser Radian Hoyt with G3 limbs (U$S 900) with all the implements needed, and the other option is a new complete Eclypse Hoyt. Why Hoyt?, because I'm from Argentina and we are a very little market and we don't have all the brands you have in your countries and It will be vey difficult to me to get replacement parts in the future. I think the Radian is not a good offer because I believe is an old model and I couldn't get enough information about material and performance to compare with the Eclypse. What do you think about? I'm just begining. I'm thinking in 30 lbs now and I think I will not will improve very much.

Thank you, ladies.

Adriana

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi Adriana........Welcome to AT :D

If I were you I would try to shoot both bows and go with the one that feels the best to you.......you will shoot better and be more likely to stick with archery if you have a bow that you enjoy shooting.........Good luck!!! :smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try the FITA section too...

Hi,

I would say that either riser is a good riser. There are pros and cons to each, as with any riser...

There is a FITA section, and there are many good recurve folks that can give informed opinions on each riser. Also, you may want to check out the FITA classified ads, as there may be a riser and limbs available through the ads that is a good deal.

Not sure if you have shot before, but if not, remember to go with light limbs to start off with.

Good luck and enjoy!
Heather

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heathshayne said:
Hi Adriana........Welcome to AT :D

If I were you I would try to shoot both bows and go with the one that feels the best to you.......you will shoot better and be more likely to stick with archery if you have a bow that you enjoy shooting.........Good luck!!! :smile:
Thank you for your advice. I can try the Radian this saturday but not the Eclypse because I don't have any Eclypse to try here. But If I knew somebody who owns one I promise I'll try it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts