Archery Talk Forum banner

My first Elite and I have some ???'s

540 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bowhuntinDE
I picked up an Elite Hunter 28/70, and boy is this thing nice but I have some questions.
Where are the draw stops supposed to be originally?? in the middle of the slot?
When I got it they were slid all the way back, DL measured 1/2'' long( I have a draw board) Put them in the middle, DL spot on but no valley,I mean ZERO. Specs all seem good, 71# both ATA and brace less than 1/16'' within spec.My thinking is I need to get a 27.5 mod and go from there. Am I on the right track?? Thanks for any info
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Draw stop posts are intended to allow the shooter to adjust the valley and let-off to their liking. You can use them to adjust draw length but that will result in significant valley and let-off lost as you have found out.

Go post the question on Elite Archery Forum and those folks will help you out. Thanks,

32,934 Posts
You will find out that the draw stops aren't all the way to the back but almost all the way. You should have a sufficient valley and a great wall. mongo is right tho about going over to the EAF forum and asking those folks......they know the ropes over there....

· Registered
455 Posts
if you got your draw length good...twist the cables up 3 twist each.then check your holding weight...fine tune from there...and just a smidgen on the drawstop can be 3lbs=valley

· Hunter/Gatherer
13,388 Posts
Seriously. Go to the Elite Forum and register. If you own an Elite bow that is an awesome place to be... Lots of very educated Elite veterns such as Maybee R, Daniel Boone, RandyD and Texas10pt. I hope you get an answer to your question. I havent owned a Hunter.

· Registered
5,788 Posts
The Hunter has the least amount of valley of all the new Elite models (but still better than alot of other bows i've tried), i would suggest keeping the draw stop all the way to the top of the slot and change your draw mod if it's too long for you. The Elite forum's are a great place to learn all about your new bow, congrats on your new toy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.