Archery Talk Forum banner

My first Robinhood

676 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Sliverflicker
Hi guys. I just took my bow in to get it tuned since it hasnt been right since my friend dry fired it. This is what happened on my forth shot after getting home.
Ive only been shooting bows for about 2 months and this was at 20 yards in my backyard.
This will be going up on my wall. To bad I wasted two good carbon arrows.Hope the pics come through.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Both shots were low. ;)

Just messin' with you. I've been shooting for about the same amount of time since I re-discovered archery. No hoods yet, but I've wrecked a few nocks.

· Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Congratulations.

Now get some Easton Uni-bushings, which are beveled to deflect direct hits like that, which get expensive after awhile.

The Uni-bushings accept Easton G-nocks, which push right in and are easy to replace and adjust. Plus they come in two sizes, one of which will accommodate any serving diameter.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip on the Easton Uni-bushings, I will be getting those for all my arrows next trip to the shop, when I go pick up my 09 Warthog. I do have some victory V1s with pin nocks in them but saving the real straight ones for when I get good enough to shoot in some matches.

· Registered
27 Posts
Congrats

Congrats. Save the pic and aim for a different spot from now on, if not you are going to go through some arrows. Still it is cool when you get your first one. :guitarist: keep rocking those arrows.

· Registered
96 Posts
congrats on the robin hood. First one is cool, on my second I thought man that is getting expensive, after that I quit shooting at my own arrows.

· Registered
31 Posts
Thats pretty cool!

When I first stumbled onto archery less than a month ago, I ruined 2 arrows at the store from about 20 yards. It wasnt anything like yours, they just splintered the ends and broke the nocks. Now I have something to shoot for :tongue:

On a side note....I also shoot in my backyard, but I use a box target rated at 400fps and hay bales...and sometimes the arrows still go through. Maybe its just worn out, but how can you get away with only shooting at 1 hay bale without wrecking your siding?

· Mulie Maniac
1,914 Posts
that is cool to see.

I have gotten 2 in my 10 years of archery but neither one was my arrow. I have shot my brother-in-laws (40 yards not trying) and one of my hunting buddies (30 yards trying :teeth:) so that is pretty cool on the money side of things.

· Registered
848 Posts
It must be something in the air 'cause know with your's and my first one ,I think there have been about 4 of them listed on here. Nice shooting . I'll have to look into the uni-bushings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.