Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i opened my facebook this morning to a good laugh, figured my fellow archers would enjoy the same lol

bowrake.jpg

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
Classic.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I don't see the "GOOD LAUGH" in this.
Thats a sure way to discourage some one from getting into archery.

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
Id say the bow is a little long for him lol.. How do you hit darn near next to your ELBOW lol

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Thats gotta hurt ....

a tad toooooooooooooooooooooooo long on the draw

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can appreciate the humor...been there and done that!! If a good string slap was all it took to discourage an archer, then AT wouldn't have very many members, LOL! ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would say the jackass that but the bow in his hand already did that lol, its a shame you dont have a since of humor, we've all been there, well maybe not that bad lol

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I don't see the "GOOD LAUGH" in this.
Thats a sure way to discourage some one from getting into archery.
REMEMBER THEY SAID "FIRST SHOT WITH A BOW", this is a new shooter.Not the best way to get some in into this sport.

·
Registered
686 Posts
so i opened my facebook this morning to a good laugh, figured my fellow archers would enjoy the same lol

View attachment 1156262
That's funny, I don't care what anyone says.
If this keeps him from archery, then he didn't have the make up for it anyway.
I'm sure the dude is not that much of a cry baby.
It happened to a friend of mine shooting a burner in the store set at 30" (he's 27.5"), we BOOTH laughed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with the others, this should not keep someone from archery. I am new to the sport and the first time I picked up a bow I slapped my arm time and time again until someone taught me the correct positioning of my arm. Not everyone will pick up a bow and be a master at the sport it is the "pain" of learning a new sport or hobby. What will he do when his D-loop breaks off his bow or comes untied? That happened to me too! and hurts way more than a little slap on the arm. LOL

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
HAHA my brother had never shot a bow before and picked up my X Force HF to sling his first arrow. As he got to full draw I yelled NOOOOOOOOOOO!. He let the shot go. It looked worse than that picture! People need to be taught proper form before shooting a bow.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My 82nd airborne would do that LOL its a arm bitter. It looks to me like he may have had an arm gaurd on and got the string stuck in it. I did that when I was younger and holy craaap that hurt. I say welcome to the world of archery

1 - 20 of 75 Posts