Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 08 General updated limbs 28"dl and speed mods. For some reason this bow seems loud to me. Gonna take it to my local dealer (2 hours away) and see if they can check it out. In my opinion my buddys Switchback XT is a quieter bow. Anyone with any suggestions on trouble shooting. I've owned the bow since new and all I ever read is how quiet this bow is yet I just don't feel it is.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
lol

have a 08 General updated limbs 28"dl and speed mods. For some reason this bow seems loud to me. Gonna take it to my local dealer (2 hours away) and see if they can check it out. In my opinion my buddys Switchback XT is a quieter bow. Anyone with any suggestions on trouble shooting. I've owned the bow since new and all I ever read is how quiet this bow is yet I just don't feel it is.
you must being here things cause it is not louder than your switchbackxt, i had a switchbackxt and sold it back earlyer this year and have had my general, for almost year and half. liked it so much after i sold my last mathews the dxt i bought another general a testarossa, and they are the quietest bow i have evr shot, then i also got the admiral earlyer this year after i sold my switchback and my xt, then sold the drenalin and the dxt. no mathews antmore. but give a hint. i puy limbsaver super quad in my admiral, cause it was alittle louder than the general simple fact casue it is faster and shorter riser, so i thought well try set in my general too, can't hurt and it even more quieter. so if you think it is louder than you xt you may have something wrong with it. but if you ave been shooting it awhile now and not the xt, your ears are starting to get tuned in on the general and you just think it is louder, cause i'll tell right now there not a quieter bow on the market, than the general. the hoyt alphamax 34 or 35 which ever maybe close but still not as quiete. i will not sell mine for nothing, so forgiveing and dead in the hand, that testarossa i got from a kid on here, brand new 550.00 i had to put dated limbs on it, but it is a dream.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
vidotape yourself shooting it or have a buddy shoot it while you watch. I bet you will find that it is not as loud as you think....my Guardian seemed loud to me and then I happened to videtape my form and I thought wow that bow is quiet..

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could be just in my head. I will have a buddy shoot it. Also do you ever find that certain releases can be noisy?

·
Registered
126 Posts
:eek: general loud:eek:qiuestest bow i ever owned:darkbeer:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Check the allen screws on your mods. I had one get loose one time and it sounded like a bull in a China cabinet. Tightened it down and all was back to normal.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My alley is loud too

I have an 06 alley and it's louder than my Buddys general, om pulling farther and like 30 more pounds but wow what a difference! I was looking at them but don't have the money for a spare......

·
I Got Serious!
3,361 Posts
Must be something wrong, the general is the quietest bow I've ever shot.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. BNoth the mod screws and bracket screws were a little loose so I tightened them up and bow is good and quiet now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts