Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girl friend told me it was Archery Talk or her. I told her that I have been committed to AT since 2007 and her since 2009!. She called it my mistress. How rude!

I dont complain about the hours that she spends looking at shoes and dresses and craft stuff. Or the times she wants me to go for a walk with her and just talk. Im supportive to her needs, why doesnt this path go both ways??

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why don't you see if you can get her interested in archery? I bought my wife a Diamond Razor edge last year & she loves to go out & shoot.Maybe then she'll be sympathetic to your addiction. My wife,my 5 yr. old son,& I have a ball out in the back yard shooting,give it a try.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,561 Posts
:argue: Better try to lay down the law! :zip:

J/K

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Lol, she sounds like my GF.

·
Registered
306 Posts
AT Classified: Wanted a Good Woman who can skin a Deer, Clean the House and Owns a 2010 Model Bow.

Please enclose a Photo of the Bow.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
How do some of you people end up with these typ of women???....I cant stand a jealous woman,exspeciallyt over CHILDISH CRAP like this.If she acts like this over a web site what is she going to act like when there is a REAL GROWN UP SITUATION to handle.........RUN DUDE RUN!!!.......AS FAR AND AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you give in to this, what's next? No hunting, no fishing, no friends, no man things? Better stand your ground now or you'll be at the vet next getting neutered.:eek:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My Girl friend told me it was Archery Talk or her. I told her that I have been committed to AT since 2007 and her since 2009!. She called it my mistress. How rude!

I dont complain about the hours that she spends looking at shoes and dresses and craft stuff. Or the times she wants me to go for a walk with her and just talk. Im supportive to her needs, why doesnt this path go both ways??

·
Registered
562 Posts
No offence to the ladies out there but they are all crazy. The secret is finding one with the kind of crazy you can live with. In their defense, I'm sure we're all crazy to them too. Beware of the ones that look at you as a project and want to change/mold you into what they think you should be. Run far and fast from them!!

peace.
unloaded

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
get it straight now

After numerous seasons of near bloodshed in my house with my wife (yes, I'm kidding) I can tell you two things.
1. make sure she knows that this is you, and to change it would make you miserable, and if she can't handle that, see ya.
2. If it's a serious relationship, you need to make her aware that the hunting seasons are for you. That said, you might want to try to get her into archery like another said.
What I do is stay home from the woods on the nasty hot or rainy days and save them for days when I know it's going to be better. I tell the wife how it's good to stay in and spend time with HER. We worked out a system a few years ago, and this being the second year worked out ok.
I go can go hunting 3x a week...the season is 12 weeks long...that gives me 36 times afield (I can spend those 36 days any way I want)...day and night count as one (altho you might get another answer from her, I'm not moving on that one). It may not sound like a lot, but when the late season comes around, I'm beat.
That said, I don't turkey hunt much, and hunting birds or the occasional time for whistle pigs doesn't count. AND, now that my kids are getting into archery, they'll be going with me on a gun hunt or two, so that gets points with momma as well. It's all about meeting in the middle. The sooner you come to that realization and an understanding that you are both happy with, the better off both parties will be.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts

You've been committed to AT since 2007 and you have 178 posts? That's not committed, that's being a "voyeur".

You need to man up or turn in your man card for posting something like this. :confused:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Send her packing now before it gets more serious, not all women understand our lifestyle. You need to find one that does....:wink:

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Damn. If she has a problem with the time you spend on AT, how does she feel about the time you spend hunting?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
You've been committed to AT since 2007 and you have 178 posts? That's not committed, that's being a "voyeur".

You need to man up or turn in your man card for posting something like this. :confused:
Agreed!!!!! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed!!!!! :darkbeer:
Ive put up about 78 of those posts in the last 2 weeks. She wants a bow but I cant get her to look at one.

Need a new thread. Entitled FT GF new broad heads. need something sharper than what I have.

·
Registered
624 Posts
OK, I was through Kalkaska last weekend and I KNOW that there's not much to do there (no mall for her). She must be bored and reliant on you for "entertainment" right? Your post count suggests that you don't spend that much time on AT (unless you're a big time "lurker":wink:). If she's unable to find a hobby or take up fishing and hunting, then I'd RUN RUN RUN.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Look at it this way. Explain this is who I am. I layed down the law from the start. Hunting and Fishing are my favorite things. If she would rather have a lazy no-good who lays aroung the house, or hangs out in Bars fine. My wife back when we started dating, would help me load and unload my 14' boat in the truck to take her fishing. We, after engagment bought a Bass Boat that she drives on the trailer. Choose your Woman once, and work things out together. My Hunting and Fishing time has shrunk a bit due to our Boys activities, but it is starting to pick back up now. My oldest passed Hunter Safety, and will hit the woods this fall. Wooo-Hoooo! We also take our Boat out a couple times a week starting today through Sept. Good Luck man, and if it doesn't get straightened out, send her packing! Unless you have Babies with her. That makes that decision alot harder IMO.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts