Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Occam's Razor
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our annual meeting today, it was announced that the land that we have leased for many years is being sold so our skeet, trap, sporting clays club will be no more very soon.......:mad:

I am so pi$$ed off I just need to rant.........threw around enough 4 letter words already so need to just think about the consequences the future of my clay shooting............:rolleyes:

Other places to shoot are new and strange and at least an hour drive further each way...........

At least I have my bow club, and another alternative to it should it close. Well, maybe more time to devote to getting that 60x, so I can win a bet from Daniel Boone-----watch out Boone, I'm gunning (bad pun) for you...... :D

Thanks for listening.............:( ..............ck

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
EASY

ck... you ain't as young as you used to be:(
I'm a little surprised you know very many four letter words:D

If the club is still strong.. why can't you find another place to shoot close to home? Seems like that would be a doable deal.

I have a cabinet full of guns and outside of showing my son (?????;) ) how to handle them and shoot.. I haven't really shot in 10 or 12 years. I don't miss it a bit since I found archery.

Best of luck to you, and hope it works out. WR

·
Registered
644 Posts
IF I remeber correctly CK is from down here in FL. Land is a pretty penny and scarce. With development the way it is, $4000 hunting leases and new regulations I'm not surprised. We barely have a few public ranges down here to support target archery and tournaments. Sorry to hear the bad news CK, is it the one in Palm bay or Malabar?

·
Occam's Razor
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Land is out of sight down here in Florida as Archerymatt said......the club would be going up against a guy (orange grove titan) with mucho dinero and there is no way to outbid him if he truly wants it, and he says he does...........:rolleyes:

The club in Malabar (I think that they own there land) is the one that I may go join, great club with many activities, including archery, I think, but the drive is too long for a little late afternoon shooting. Also a small club to the south in Stuart, will have to check it out also..........

Talk of a new one, but those environmentalist are tough on "new" clubs..........................ck

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hate to tell you but land is a pretty penny everywhere, its really hard for a club to come up with enough bread to buy any land any more.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
looks like you need to build a bullet trap beside your spot target by the pool:D

I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't mind would they???

·
Occam's Razor
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shooter Mike said:
looks like you need to build a bullet trap beside your spot target by the pool:D

I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't mind would they???
Shooter MIke..........ROTFLMAO..........sure neighbors would love to hear that, but what about all those clay targets flying all over the place:D .............add new meaning to "orange" roofs in Florida............:D

By the way, you're added to the LM.......:cool: :cool: ................ck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts