Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS delivered it this morning. I had to fight off customers so I could set it up! JK This is the initial set up...not final yet. It's set at 27.5" DL and measures out to exactly 27.5"! I turned the poundage down to 60...it came from the factory at 61.6 lbs. The 5 pin Spot Hogg Hunter and the Hoyt Ultra Rest are there to stay, but I'm not sure about the stabilizer yet. And I'm waiting on the black Hoyt 2pc 4 arrow quiver. I'm having problems with my hands, so it's a bit harder to shoot than my Spyder 30 or Faktor 30, but it is NICE and stable. I'm shooting ACC 390's out of it, cut longer than I'm used to but they're working, and it only took a few shots to get bullet holes. Haven't had time to bare shaft tune it or shoot any broadheads yet, but I don't expect any issues. I did get to shoot it in our club's outdoor flint round league tonight and had an average night. I just had time to sight it in a left for the shoot, so I was pleased. I'm gonna like this bow!!!

Oh...one other thing...it's VERY quiet!!! Unlike the other Turbo's that I've shot! I was very surprised, but I was so busy setting it up and sighting it in, that I didn't even think of listening to it at first! It wasn't until I let a friend shoot it at half time tonight that a few guys mentioned how quiet it was. That's when I paid attention...and it is! A very pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man that thing is siiiickkkk. I plan on getting a Nitrum 34 in that color configuration! I am just waiting on my local shop to get a left handed model in so I can shoot one before I order my own 34. And i don't know if you have shot the turbo and one with regular cams (30 or 34) but if you have, how do the draws compare, I am not as much into speed as I am a silky draw, but I have heard the turbo's draw is just as nice as the regular z5's. And again I am jealous of your rig! Such a sweet looking bow man congrats!

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that thing is siiiickkkk. I plan on getting a Nitrum 34 in that color configuration! I am just waiting on my local shop to get a left handed model in so I can shoot one before I order my own 34. And i don't know if you have shot the turbo and one with regular cams (30 or 34) but if you have, how do the draws compare, I am not as much into speed as I am a silky draw, but I have heard the turbo's draw is just as nice as the regular z5's. And again I am jealous of your rig! Such a sweet looking bow man congrats!
THANKS!!! I've shot the Nitrum 30 and if you like a smooth draw, just get the 34. Smooth is in the arm of the bow holder, but it IS a speed cam. That speed has to be paid for. If I didn't work in a shop and get a new bow every year, cheap, I would just get the 30. But I wanted something different! You'll LOVE the 34...smooth draw, long(er) ATA make it VERY stable!

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You officially SUCK! Mine is on order. Same color configuration, 65#, #2 cam. Waiting blows!
It was ordered on Oct 20th and showed up Dec 11th...so 7 and a half weeks. Not too bad. How much longer for you???

·
Registered
556 Posts
THANKS!!! I've shot the Nitrum 30 and if you like a smooth draw, just get the 34. Smooth is in the arm of the bow holder, but it IS a speed cam. That speed has to be paid for. If I didn't work in a shop and get a new bow every year, cheap, I would just get the 30. But I wanted something different! You'll LOVE the 34...smooth draw, long(er) ATA make it VERY stable!
Awesome thanks buddy! Yeah I am 6 foot 2 and my draw length is 29.5 so any bow shoots pretty close to ibo with my draw length, but yeah I figured it would be a bit different on the draw but I have heard its still a noce draw on the turbo's. I will most likely go with the 34 since it has a broader string angle for more comfort and stability. Mind me asking what they go for in the harvest brown color? I have heard it cost $100 extra, so i guess it would be $1000. But i think that color is worth it, it is beautiful man, can't say enough how much I like your bow haha. I have't decided on whether to get #60 or #65 limbs, because I like to shoot at peak weight. I am thinking #60 for ultimate comfort and its enough for any game in north america.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Good looking bow. Have you shot it through the chrono yet?

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,256 Posts
Congrats on receiving your Turbo, looks good Ralph! Apparently everyone is finally getting a hold of their Harvest Brown bows today, your thread is about the 4th one I've seen here in the forum with people showing off their new toys...I'm really looking forward to ordering my Turbo some time in February after Vegas is over and done with. Oh, and great photos by the way as well...not every body takes the time to produce a decent image on this site.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome thanks buddy! Yeah I am 6 foot 2 and my draw length is 29.5 so any bow shoots pretty close to ibo with my draw length, but yeah I figured it would be a bit different on the draw but I have heard its still a nice draw on the turbo's. I will most likely go with the 34 since it has a broader string angle for more comfort and stability. Mind me asking what they go for in the harvest brown color? I have heard it cost $100 extra, so i guess it would be $1000. But i think that color is worth it, it is beautiful man, can't say enough how much I like your bow haha. I haven't decided on whether to get #60 or #65 limbs, because I like to shoot at peak weight. I am thinking #60 for ultimate comfort and its enough for any game in north america.
Well...this is Southern California. I live in Huntington Beach and walk to work occasionally. And Newport Beach is 3 miles away, so nothing sells cheap here! We sell at MAP pricing, not MSRP, so the Nitrum 30 goes for 949, the Turbo and 34 sell for 999. I haven't seen the invoice yet, but 100 dollars up charge sounds about right. If that's right, it makes the Turbo/34 sell for 1099.

I'm only a 27.5" DL, 60 lbs DW, and though I haven't taken down a dear YET, I've taken a couple of 200+ pigs without any problems.

I shot it through the crono with my Axis arrows and it showed 298 fps. They weigh 370 grains. The ACC's weigh 406 grains and showed 284 fps.

Now remember...I just set it up and did a quick paper tune. I'm going to stick with the ACC's for this bow. I like the extra weight and they shoot about the same speed as my Spyder 30 and the Axis arrows.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on receiving your Turbo, looks good Ralph! Apparently everyone is finally getting a hold of their Harvest Brown bows today, your thread is about the 4th one I've seen here in the forum with people showing off their new toys...I'm really looking forward to ordering my Turbo some time in February after Vegas is over and done with. Oh, and great photos by the way as well...not every body takes the time to produce a decent image on this site.
Thanks!

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
Very nice looking bow. One thing when you going to dump that clamp for the rest and tie it in cable properly?:)
Take a serious look at KTech stabilizers.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Great looking bow.
I am getting crazy waiting for my 34 LD with Harvest Brown and Max-1.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts