Archery Talk Forum banner

My homade treestand

2475 Views 56 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  CWG
haha hey yall, look at this homeade stand! i love it haha watu think?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2,834 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. Be careful. I don't know how much you weight but you really don't know what that stand will support. Its a great when you can make something yourself but don't let it turn into a nightmare and have it fail on you. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha ya i love my homeade stand....it really safe acualy, it has this racet tiedowns that you can get really tight!, and it has three really big skrewa that go into the tree so it donest even shake! you can stithere and jump on it andit barrley moves!

· Registered
2,834 Posts
Basically what I'm saying is that you do not know how much weight the wood you used is rated for. With time and weather, it can degrade further at an unknown rate. Not even a quality manufactured stand is 'for sure.' Be safe.

· Registered
1,047 Posts
I picked up 2 small Big Game stands for $21 each. But it's your BUTT!

· Registered
417 Posts
rangerunner said:
Hope u have some good insurance,,,I m sorry but it does not look safe to me,,just my thought.

I Agree :thumbs_do :thumbs_do it dont look safe

· Registered
1,859 Posts
It looks kinda heavy to me. I used to make my own stands similar to yours. I feel safer buying a quality manufactured stand now that I am older and not as spry as I once was.

· Registered
2,145 Posts
wow

You don't plan to be in it very long do you? I hope you don't weigh much.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
My thoughts....

What would its weight capacity be...?

Try it at two feet first.
Good luck
I'm not trying to be critical but please be careful.

Joe Lorenti

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys guess wat im a 12 year old kid and almost weight 100 pound it can soport me!-iv hunted from it :yell: :angry:

· Registered Elker
7,998 Posts
Everyone who has posted has a point. That aside here's my take on it. Looks good!! Might not be the most comfortable thing to sit on and maybe a touch heavy but heck I would use it and love every minute of it if I made it. I made alot of things as a kid and contemplated making a treestand too! I am sure it's plenty safe for you and I think you should be very proud of what you made. Good going!

Do wear a harness though if you dont. Not because of your stand but just the fact you are in a trestand. I dont care who you are; if you in a treestand you should have a harness one. Happy hunting!

· Registered
11,651 Posts
Strap looks weak

I have broke s strap like your on my truck with no effort i would op for a 2000# test Model

That look like a Chinese made job with no QC testing

Load capacity will often exceed the real load when put on an angle etc

A year from you it might give way

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.