nice lookin press

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
nicely done.

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Very nice. How much flex are in the fingers???

Add a back angle strap either bolted or welded to the fingers for added strength and you have the simplest cheapest finger build here.

Way to go!! LCA is gonna be even more upset as now anyone can build one:shade: There gonna loose more in legal paper then if thy just figure out a way to reduce there cost.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice. How much flex are in the fingers???

Add a back angle strap either bolted or welded to the fingers for added strength and you have the simplest cheapest finger build here.

Way to go!! LCA is gonna be even more upset as now anyone can build one:shade: There gonna loose more in legal paper then if thy just figure out a way to reduce there cost.
thanks , I will try that on the fingers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
awesome

i am gonna take a try and fab one up too. how solid are the fingers? can you recomend a jack that works really good? does it want to back itself out? you did a very good job on that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am gonna take a try and fab one up too. how solid are the fingers? can you recomend a jack that works really good? does it want to back itself out? you did a very good job on that.
I got the jack at Harbor freight ($36.00). It does great it doesnt back out at all. 11/2 emt pipe, and a little bit of angle iron and some nuts bolts and washers is all it took. The fingers are very solid, but some great ideas have come up from people on here ,to beef them up. Im going to try that just for kicks and grins.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What are those fingers made out of. Looks like the same stuff I've been eye ballin to make fingers for my $20.00 press. To me it looks like those galvanised flat rods you put at the end of a chain link fence to attatch the fence to the post???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is 1/4 inch angle iron. I cut them down to a flat piece of metal then bent them. Spray painted it silver, then dipped it into plastic dip.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bow press

NICE, How did you attach the EMT to the jack, And what does Mad archery mean by back strap to beef up fingers. Great looking press.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Why does it look like your "homemade" bowpress is at the office.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
343 Posts
Loving it, Great job...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why does it look like your "homemade" bowpress is at the office.:thumbs_up
HAHA , thats because it is. The Electrical buissiness is a little slow in Florida right now.So it give me a little free time at work to tinker around and build things. I built an arrow saw last week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts