Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting this buck since the first trailcam pic in June. We got him on camera 4 different times from June till now. Twice in velvet the other 2 were hard antler. I wanted to shoot him with my bow and hunting him very hard. Passing on a couple 160" deer in the meantime. Rifle season started and still hadn't laid eyes on him. That changed on the 5th of Dec. I worked that day till 3:50 and I actually work with one of my hunting buddies. We decided that if we hurried we could take the Bad Boy Buggie and get to one of our deer blinds before 4:00 so we did. We were overlooking a 3 acre food plot with wheat in it. We had seen a couple does and 2 small bucks. Then at 5:15 a doe and fawn entered the field we had our guns out scoping them and a small buck come in behind him. My buddy was scoping the buck and I seen another deer coming I put the scope on him and knew immediatly what deer it was so I told my buddy I was shooting. 50 yards later he was down with a hole through the lungs. Its funny how things happen. It wasn't how I expected it to happen but I am so happy it did. And it was so fun shareing the experience with my hunting partner. Years of food plot work and passing on 4.5 year old bucks has finally payed off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
:thumbs_upAwesome buck man,congrats,crazy looking drops,well worth the wait!:thumbs_up Tough one to guess a score,crazy Cs with loads a junk and double drops,,WOW...wouldn't even hazard a guess?

EDIT:OK..couldn't help myself,LOL,so I'll take a stab in the dark at it...gross 175 NT??

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW! Congratulations on that bruiser. Looks like Christmas came early for you this year. Cheers:darkbeer:

·
bowhunting is a passion
2,707 Posts
he scores pig plus some

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Awesome buck!

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
That is a great buck! Congrats! I should think he would score in the 180ish area as well. He really doesnt look all that old to me from the pics, looks like a 41/2. Love the drop tines! Congrats again!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
Great looking buck! Congratulations! Kansas has some awesome looking bucks with cool character!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Who cares

That is an AWESOME buck!! Don't know what it would score, but double drop tines, all that twisting and character. But...I'll guess mid 180's gross

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NE Kansas, I have scored him but wanted to let you guys quess for a while. Also why do some posts show up with bold titles and a checkmark by them and mine doesn't?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Who cares what he scores? That is one of those bucks you picture when you think of a monster whitetail. It has every attribute that a whitetail hunter would want in a monster buck.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
if i hazarded a guess it would be high 180s. but....ive only held a 180" rack once in my life. (i can hear the comments now...go ahead lets hear it :D)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts