Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its another hows my form...I always thought my draw length was 29 inches until I joined here on this site and it got me thinkin....is it to long I kinda feel it might be.....Please help your info is very much appreciated thanks..... rookie here......and if it is to long being this is a draw specific bow is the only option to get other cams to make it shorter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would shorten that release up...

Kisser looks kinda high too...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you feel it's a touch long, I agree shortening the release should do the trick.

By the look of the picture, it looks like you probably touch the trigger with the tip of your finger. If you want to get a true surprise release, it will help alot if that trigger is in between the first and second nuckle of your index finger because that takes away alot of sensitivity. Just a thought.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I would say to shorten it up an inch, its kinda tough with only that one picture, but your nock point should be directly under your eye,where now its about an inch too long.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Way too long.
You can get a short 'n sweet release and make the d-loop as short as possible and you're be a lot closer than you are now. Still might need to shave another 1/2" off though, which you could almost do by rotating the cams back a little bit if you know what you're doing. Could at least get 1/4". you really won't notice the loss of 5 fps speed and you'll be hitting the bullseye a lot more often, and it will just feel 10 times better if you do.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well were the release is now I can pull it without straining I just have my finger back for saftey reason (you never know)...but I will try and shorten the release...

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,207 Posts
With that Hoyt, can't you adjust the DL with the cams? Looks about an 1" too long.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I dont thing yo can I believe the Kats are draw specific....so if its to long iI dont know what I am gonna do

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
still looks too long

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
why

is everyone saying to long because of his anchor points or form or what? Wish nuts and bolts would break it down for us.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I'll bet if you got a Short 'N Sweet Release, tightened up as much as you can stand, and ran a short D Loop; you would be fine. Yes, if you had it to do over again, maybe a 28" or 28.5" would have been a better way to go . . . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts