Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these wraps in from DJ at bowmanhuter wraps. DJ is a great guy to deal with and makes some of the best wraps at an affordable price. Thanks again DJ for the great wraps and service. Pictures don't do them justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My arrows are done almost exactly the same as yours. Looking good!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Ok, along with the starting picture, (not to take away from cmherrmanns wraps), lets add to it, for a "Show Off your wraps" thread!?! These are also some custom made, BowmanHunter Wraps! Great guy to do business with!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
bowmanhunter makes a great product and stands behind it...sweet wraps.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saul, those are some great looking wraps. Adam does do some nice work, I believe DJ at bowmanhuter and Adam from Arrowwrapsunlimited are the two best suppliers of wraps here on AT or anywhere for that matter.

Hey guys DJ is going to be coming out with his decals soon and from what I have seen they will be a big hit. He should have his website updated pretty soon. http://www.bowmanhunter.com

Thanks again DJ for another batch of fine wraps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pardon the question but what are wraps for , do they alter the performance of the arrow or just for show?

I dont mean to sound stupid but I have not ever used them? they look cool , how do they install a shrink wrap

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
The wraps will increase the spine of the arrow, besides, looking cool! They also make refletching arrows much easier, just peel the old wrap off the arrow shaft, (wraps are actually stickers), along with the torn up vanes...re-wrap & re-fletch! They're 1"x7" for the carbon arrows, and, I have seen some shorter versions, like 1"x4". Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Thanks again everyone I appreciate it:)

DJ

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Irish,

No such thing as a stupid question, just as Stormbringer said they give you the ability to customize your arrows, (you can have your name put on them) and they look cool. They add a little weight and spine to your arrow and make fletching so much easier. No more scraping the vanes off, just dip your arrow in hot water for a minute and peel them off. Now for putting them on they come in 1" wide by 7" or 4" lengths and are just vinyl with adhesive on the back. You peel the wrap off of the paper that it is adhered to and lay it sticky side up on a mouse pad, have a toothpick handy because they will stick to your fingers. Then carefully, it will take a little practice, lay the arrow on the edge of the wrap and press down and roll the arrow over the wrap and then smooth it out with your fingers. Here is the actual process on DJ's website. Give them a shot you will be glad you did.

http://www.bowmanhunter.com/guide.html

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
yes , they make life much easier for sure. you won't be disappointed if you try them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can I ask you guys a question? What type of glue do you use for your fletching? I am having a hard time finding something that will set fast, hold good without a lot of glue and not turn the fletching/shaft white.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use the Loctite Gel, but just about any of the fast set glues turn white. That's one of the reasons I use wraps, no more white on a black shaft.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
ttt

back up top for you DJ,:smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts