Archery Talk Forum banner

My latest invention for my Lone Wolf

1301 17
Well, I couldn't see spending $100 on Lone Wolfs treestand carrier or $50 for the one that is made by their maker, so I had an extra backpack and rigged it on to my LW as a quick disconnect system. To me, part of what I like about the LW is that they have a honeycomb platform that blends in better than a solid platform. I wanted this backpack to quick disconnect so that when I get the stand in the woods, I can quickly take the pack off. Total cost...free, as I already had the pack and the cable clamps. :tongue: Talk about COMFY on my back and shoulders. I use 6 cable clamps in various existing loops on this Fieldline pack to secure it to the top, sides, and bottom of stand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
Cool how much were the cable clamps that you used. Great idea.

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some stores sell them individually. $1 a piece. Wally world has a 4 pack for $3.67. They work gr8 for securing items in treestands too such as packs or detacheable quivers to your pack or a limb or whatever.

http://cableclamp.com/where-to-buy.html

· Registered
3,050 Posts

· Registered
3,050 Posts
Cool how much were the cable clamps that you used.
I bet you can use thick plastic cable ties (I call them "zip ties") or velcro straps too.

Ray

· Registered
29 Posts
So, you just sacrifice the backpack, right? Looks GREAT!

I mean, you can't put any gear in the pack or it wouldn't be very comfy between the stand and your back.

I was going to do something similar but realized I still needed another pack for all my gear.

My setup has straps from an Army Alice pack. I think they were $15.
But yours looks better. :)

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HCH, looks good!! what department are the Cable Clamps in at walmart?
They are in the hardware dept. You can find these at Home improvement stores too like Menards.

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, you just sacrifice the backpack, right? Looks GREAT!

I mean, you can't put any gear in the pack or it wouldn't be very comfy between the stand and your back.

I was going to do something similar but realized I still needed another pack for all my gear.

My setup has straps from an Army Alice pack. I think they were $15.
But yours looks better. :)
Yea, the pack is sacraficed. It was one abondoned by my ex..her loss, my gain.:tongue:

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bet you can use thick plastic cable ties (I call them "zip ties") or velcro straps too.

Ray
Zip strips will work too. They of course are just not reuseable like the cable clamps, but one could just bring extras with you. I simply like the pack removed once I get there as I don't like the solid look of the bottom of the stand. I feel that more and more mature deer look up and will see that solid black blob of a pack left attached to the stand. I carry my Lone Wolf stand and Lone Wolf sticks in and out of the woods each time I hunt. Just simply remove this pack once you get to the woods and place it up the tree with you in a crotch or wrapped around the trunk.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
Looks good HCH, I think I'll have to stop by Wally World and grab some now....:thumb:

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope it helps you guys keep a little more $$ in your wallet and save some wear and tear on your shoulders.:wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.