Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have an RxII. It's OK. Lots of useless settings and the TBR is not needed unless you are gun hunting out west. One major negative is that it WILL NOT get readings through shoot-through mesh on ground blinds. If I could do it again, I would get the much cheaper, but better, Nikon 440. Anyone want to trade?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have an RX-II and it's a great rangefinder for the most part. Unlike some, I actually like all the settings. The TBR, although not really necessary, can come in handy if you're hunting in a steep bottom. The only real problem I've encountered is that sometimes it doesn't like to give an immediate reading on dark objects. In other words, you may have to range certain objects multiple times before you get the reading. That can be a pain, but fortunately it's never been a problem for me. There are a lot of good rangefinders out there, and I think the RX-II is one of them.

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
Like it but it won't shoot through the screens on my ground blind.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I have an RX-II and it's a great rangefinder for the most part. Unlike some, I actually like all the settings. The TBR, although not really necessary, can come in handy if you're hunting in a steep bottom. The only real problem I've encountered is that sometimes it doesn't like to give an immediate reading on dark objects. In other words, you may have to range certain objects multiple times before you get the reading. That can be a pain, but fortunately it's never been a problem for me. There are a lot of good rangefinders out there, and I think the RX-II is one of them.
Regarding not ranging dark objects, call Leupold. I had the same problem with mine (RXIII) and eventually it stopped ranging them altogether. They replaced the whole thing and it works great!

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I've been using an RXIII for a couple years now and it is really great. I hear a lot of folks don't need/use the TBR or that it isn't useful at bowhunting distances. If you hunt a lot of hills it is a real eye opener.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I didn't know the RXII won't work thru the blind netting......hmmmmm.

Is there any others that will work thru the blind like Nikon 440?

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,367 Posts
Biggest thing is read that manual as it does a ton of things. One thing I did like was that temperature reading. That's a nice feature. There is alot of things going on in that window so its not as simple as a Nikon is.

Best thing is to practice with it and get familiar with all the settings.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I looked at the RX11 two years ago and bought a Nikon monarch laser 800 instead. The Leopold RX11 couldn't range dark objects in the store and I knew it would not shoot through the screen in my DB.
The Nikon 800 is abetter rangefinder IMHO.

Nikon has a new laser rangefinder that also compensates for angle.
I think it just came out.

I'll be checking them out soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts