Archery Talk Forum banner

My Local Archery club costs. What do you think?

1947 Views 37 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  wilsonjvl
Ok, so I was looking into what it takes to become a member of our local club and this is what I found. They shoot 3 nights a week 2 nights are just go and shoot and one night of spots. You pay $50 for a sign up fee then $5 per night that you go and shoot plus you have to complet 10 hours of club service. What do you guys think of that compaired to your club?
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,761 Posts
Thats not bad. Mine is $300 a year. You get a key and go whenever you want. 20 hours of service per year. 1 night of league play.

32,934 Posts
The club I belong to is a 3-D only club and it cost $15.00 to join and the shoots are $10.00. Not too bad for all the fun I get out of those foam animals...

· Registered
1,739 Posts
Price is OK. Is the range available only 3 nights a week?

· Lowered expectations
20,244 Posts
$240/year (full membership), 24/7/365 with key as a member, 50% off registration fee for open tournaments.
16 hours work requested, full club with indoor/FITA/field/3D/outdoor practice ranges.
The members own the club and property.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
My closest club is 47 miles! Its like $100 a year after you have been a member for a year, but about an extra $75 your first year. So $175 to get started...just so far that my gas in the truck would be $40 everytime I wanna shoot. Kinda sux, so I shoot at home until tournament time.

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes only a 4 mights a week available. One night for traditional shooters 2 nights for leagues 1 night for spots. If I shoot 2 nights a week thats $40 per month that adds up quick. Not sure if i'm going to go for it or not. They did just throw a kit as$ 3d tourny this weekend though!! $15 for a fun round $35 for a comp round. I shot for fun shot a 186 out of 250 possible. I was happy with that as it was my first 3d shoot in about 6 years.

· Registered
399 Posts
Yes only a 4 mights a week available. One night for traditional shooters 2 nights for leagues 1 night for spots. If I shoot 2 nights a week thats $40 per month that adds up quick. Not sure if i'm going to go for it or not. They did just throw a kit as$ 3d tourny this weekend though!! $15 for a fun round $35 for a comp round. I shot for fun shot a 186 out of 250 possible. I was happy with that as it was my first 3d shoot in about 6 years.
That was a good shoot...But wasn't it 240 possible? 20 targets @ 12,10,8 or 5 score? Me personally.....I missed an entire target!! Turns out that with the carter attraction you have to click a seperate lever to let it down after you have taken the safety off. And how do you score 5 on a MOOSE at 65 yds, that thing is huge. :smile: Anyway, great shoot and I will try and do it every year.

· Registered
253 Posts
my club has an indoor range that shoots 3 times a week and has an outdoor range that is open to all members everyday of the year and only charges a $36.00 flat fee for the whole family

· Registered
7,905 Posts
Where at in utah is this club? Datus is my club of choice. We have a key to the place 24/7 and block targets with 20yard lanes, 40 from corner to corner. And 80 yards outdoors. Cleanest. Nicest club in Utah as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
12,732 Posts
Ok, so I was looking into what it takes to become a member of our local club and this is what I found. They shoot 3 nights a week 2 nights are just go and shoot and one night of spots. You pay $50 for a sign up fee then $5 per night that you go and shoot plus you have to complet 10 hours of club service. What do you guys think of that compaired to your club?
that could get expensive if you go alot, even at 5 dollars per visit/night. and 50 to join. my club is is 200 to join, 7 hours of service and if you do 5 hours throughout the year then dues are 70, if you choose not to do the hours dues are 140

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.