Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been told that Gold Tip Carbons are not recommended for Easton -60 unibushings, points, etc. because the Easton points and unibushings are .240 compared to the inside of a Gold Tip being .246 and therefore this would cause a "sloppy" fit. I have in front of me a micrometer and after measuring everything and displaying the difference of .006 in front of me I began to laugh. .006 is so small, probably close to the thickness of a hair, that I can "barely" see daylight between the two piece on the caliper (spindle and anvil).

Please tell me that Easton recommends their unibushings and points in Gold Tip arrows and that Gold Tip is only saying "NO" because they are Gold Tip and want you to buy their product.

Are Redline and Light Speed unibushings and points any different in length and or width and perhaps a better choice than the ACC components I've been using?

·
Registered
309 Posts
.006 is alot!! when you are matching those uni-bushings to the shafts. A sheet of paper is .003 thick!! Check with your goldtip dealer, I haven't shot goldtips for approx 3 years, but a few years ago goldtip came out with their own uni-bushing (for the XT,3-dpro/ dia) that accepted the g-nok. They were heavier than eastons uni, but they fit better. Good Luck

B&D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Actually, a hair is about .0025-.003 in dia. So yes .006 is a lot.

What if you get one installed to one side of the shaft and another the opposite side.How do you think they would group with each other at 40 yards.

I am not one that thinks that arrow straightness is that important .004 shafts are as close as most really need.Especially at 3-d distances but at the nock end,the importance is multiplied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts