Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just got done editing and posting my first doe kill of the season on my YouTube channel. The entire evening was a fun hunt and this encounter came on very fast.
Check it out if you'd like and feel free to share...

Also, you will notice the arrow flight is a bit crazy. Does anyone know what may have caused this? I'm not positive, but I think the string may have hit my sleeve.

Thanks and I hope you Enjoy,

Joe

https://youtu.be/kQRHZJGgVnQ

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
^^ I believe it's from your fish eye lens

·
Feedn The Geese
11,997 Posts
Has this bow been broadhead tuned or did you move the sights to the broadheads? I see some fishtailing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has this bow been broadhead tuned or did you move the sights to the broadheads? I see some fishtailing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yes it has been broadhead tuned. I have shot the bow after this hunt while practicing and it seems to do the fishtail every now and then... not that often though. No matter the arrow flight, it still is hitting the target dead nuts so thats good. I am wondering if it may be because of the type of release I use. I am using a hook style release, not the claw style?

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Claw style shouldn't matter, maybe you have a couple weak spined arrows

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Claw style shouldn't matter, maybe you have a couple weak spined arrows
That's a good call, thanks. I cleaned this arrow and was going to reuse it... going to switch it out with a newer one. It's passed through a few different deer but now is ready for retirement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked like you tourqed your grip from what I saw. I just edited my first filmed hunt as well. I'm in Ohio and doing the self film thing to. Uusing powerditector to edit. The doe I harvest in the video is my 2nd this year.
https://youtu.be/8xbJONCp_Z4
I just watched your video. Great shot and footage... congrats on the nice doe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts