Archery Talk Forum banner

My New 09' Captain (W/Pics)

5829 Views 72 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  robbates
My turn to brag a little bit here guys. Thanks to the MAN (Mr. Mike Carter) I have this to share with you all..

28.5 @ 61 lbs

325fps IBO

I'll let you know how she shoots after I pick her up..
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
Wow, that's a damn good looking bow!!:darkbeer: Let us no how she performance!!

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Bowtech Captain

i set up a captain for myself today.. :confused: watch the classifides!
who made those strings? they look awesome!
Why do you say that? Did you not like the bow for some reason? Why?

· Classifieds Administrator
39,728 Posts
Sweet looking bow Rob, congrats. Looks like a tack driver for sure!

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Scottie that sight I bought from you is going on this bow. Should be a sweet setup.. As far as speed is concerned, YES I am sure. Rocketman has is right.. If anyone has a question about the speed of this bow, feel free to PM Crackers. Actually to tell you the truth, I think he suprised himself on this one after tuning it and seeing the radar.. LOL Let's just say that I am estatic over the speed of this bow. Remember guys, this is a 60lb bow with a 300 grain arrow for IBO. The same speeds will be acheviable with a 70 lb bow at 350.. Who knows.. Maybe he can even squeeze out smoe more on a 70lb setup..

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
It has nothing to do with being Crackerized, these bows are hitting over the IBO rated speeds. This is what bowtech wanted, so that they look better than if they don't hit the mark. The only downfall to that is that for someone that walks in to the shop and does not know they are faster than rated, may buy a different bow because of it.
So yes, the speeds that he posted are correct. I had an Admiral hitting 318fps at 29".
and now i am upgrading, 82nd out, Sentinel IN (after i shoot it of course)

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It has nothing to do with being Crackerized, these bows are hitting over the IBO rated speeds. This is what bowtech wanted, so that they look better than if they don't hit the mark. The only downfall to that is that for someone that walks in to the shop and does not know they are faster than rated, may buy a different bow because of it.
So yes, the speeds that he posted are correct. I had an Admiral hitting 318fps at 29".

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying it has nothing to do with Mike tuning the bow but they bows are definately coming in faster then what thier website claims. I'll have to check out the B.C. when I get to see if there were any speed gains after he tuned it. I believe he gained few FPS on it. Not to mention the AWESOME string job he did. Gotta give credit where credit is due.. :cocktail:

· Registered
9,477 Posts
Yeah but as soon as they look at the bow and on the BC it says 320 at 29" they will be pretty surprised and realize the speed. It doesn't show IBO on the bows so I don't see that as a problem. Captain I shot last night was 320 at 29" and chrono proves it correct and thats just from out of the box. Pretty cool getting a bow that is way over its IBO for once

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.