Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another website, so I figured that I would build one too. Now I can check cam timing, max weight, holding weight, and draw length. It cost me somewhere under 50 bucks total. The winch was about $22 bucks at Harbor Freight and the digital scale was purchased on eBay for about $10.

Draw Board 1.JPG

Draw Board 2.jpg

Draw Board 3.jpg

Draw Board 4.jpg

Draw Board 5.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. How do you attach the bar that holds the bow? And what is it?

1/2" ID pipe, 4" long attached to a floor pedestal. I got both of these at HD. Then, screwed the pedestal into the 2x6. I wrapped a piece of clear plastic hose that I had around the pipe, and then black duct tape.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
1/2" ID pipe, 4" long attached to a floor pedestal. I got both of these at HD. Then, screwed the pedestal into the 2x6. I wrapped a piece of clear plastic hose that I had around the pipe, and then black duct tape.
OK, it's a floor pedestal from HD. This is something you would find in what department? Went to Lowe's this morning looking for something to use for this and no one there had any idea. Need some ideas...

·
Registered
544 Posts
OK, it's a floor pedestal from HD. This is something you would find in what department? Went to Lowe's this morning looking for something to use for this and no one there had any idea. Need some ideas...
It should be in the plumbing department with the steel pipe and such. They are about 4" in dia. with a threaded hole in the middle and mounting holes along the OD.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks like this.

IMG_20130404_110042_189.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts