Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my new Carbon Spyder Turbo and to me it seems loud. One thing I should mention is that Hoyt had to send me replacement limbs because the ones that came on it started delaminating. I really didn't shoot it before putting on the new limbs so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I have the QAD Ultra Rest and the HOGG Father Site on it.

There seems to be some vibration in it somewhere but I can't find it. I have videoed myself shooting it to listen to the playback, but I just can't find the culprit!

Any other ideas on finding what's causing the loudness or vibration? A new Hoyt shouldn't be doing this.

I will be heading to the archery shop I bought it from to try to work it out there this week if I can't find out on my own.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
If you're shooting arrows that are on the lighter side, a heavier arrow might help.

·
I like elk!
18,490 Posts
As for the vibration, if its a buzz sound I would check all the little mod screws, draw stop, string stop screw, e-clips ect....so many little fasteners.
You can also systematically remove components to hear if one is the culprit.

If its a felt vibration...I would be looking at cam timing.
Especially since the limbs were just swapped and the bow sounds loud.
I will say...my 28.5/76# CS30 with a 415 grain arrow is definitely not quiet.
However, I have a 28.5/65# CS30 and with a 400 grain arrow it is much more quiet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I just went outside and shot some arrows that weigh 425 grains and I don't think I could notice a difference. The arrows I was shooting weigh somewhere in the ballpark of 375 grains.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for the vibration, if its a buzz sound I would check all the little mod screws, draw stop, string stop screw, e-clips ect....so many little fasteners.

However, I have a 28.5/65# CS30 and with a 400 grain arrow it is much more quiet.
It does kind of sound like a buzz sound....and I have gone over it and checked everything out myself to see if anything is lose. I will say the rest does have a tad bit of play in it but I just can't believe that would produce so much noise, but maybe it will. And the cams are timed perfectly....both stops hit the string simultaneously.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

I had the same issue on my vector awhile back. Turns out it was the set screw for the string suppressor rod. Put some blue loc-tite and it hasn't vibrated since.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
shoot without sight and other accessories. There was a post about vibe in / under spyder logo above launch pad.
check it out

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shoot without sight and other accessories. There was a post about vibe in / under spyder logo above launch pad.
check it out
Wow, I've been shooting it and I think that's where it's coming from? Do you happen to know the name of the post? I'll search for it....

·
Registered
224 Posts
just start taking off accessories one at a time intil the noise stops. once the noise stops you have found your culprit. just a process of elimination

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my CS34. It sounds like the vibe is coming from the cables near the top cam. I just don't know what to do to try to fix it. Maybe some of those ugly ass monkey tails would work.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My CST used to buzz at the sight area (HHA optimizer and Tight Spot mounting bracket) so I tried replacing the sight with my Spot Hogg Hogg it and the buzz went away.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but while we are talking about CST noises, I still have a creaking noise coming from the top cam area (I think) when I draw the bow - first 1/3 of the draw cycle -that goes away after a few shots (I think) but comes back next time I shoot the bow. Not super loud but super annoying. I have taken off the yoke bushings and greased them but it still does this and checked all the mod screws to make sure they are tight- anyone know what could cause this? Does yours make this creaking noise?

·
Mark
5,696 Posts
I thought my aluminum Spyder was a bit loud so I put monkey tails on it. They worked great, what a difference they made.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My CST used to buzz at the sight area (HHA optimizer and Tight Spot mounting bracket) so I tried replacing the sight with my Spot Hogg Hogg it and the buzz went away.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but while we are talking about CST noises, I still have a creaking noise coming from the top cam area (I think) when I draw the bow - first 1/3 of the draw cycle -that goes away after a few shots (I think) but comes back next time I shoot the bow. Not super loud but super annoying. I have taken off the yoke bushings and greased them but it still does this and checked all the mod screws to make sure they are tight- anyone know what could cause this? Does yours make this creaking noise?
Mine doesn't make that noise but have you tried taking bow string wax and waxing the limb pockets? You of course have to disassemble the bow in order to do so. May help.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Send it to me, I will get things worked out for ya.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so I'm pretty sure it's the accessory plate on the riser that's rattling. Told my pro shop today and they have never even worked on that part of the bow. So I'm left to try and tighten up the bolts on the riser thats behind the logo. I've tried reaching out to the guy who posted a thread about doing it but he has gotten back to me. If anyone has any experience doing this let me know!

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
That's the plus to buying new from a dealer, using the warranty provided. If they can't/wont fix it they should send it to hoyt to let them fix it on hoyts dime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts