Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maitland Session Pro.JPG

Ladies and Gentlemen,

My New Maitland USA, Session Pro, thanks to Robert and the folks at Maitland. This Bow is Awesome!!! Also to Brain Davis with B-D Archery my New "The System" Sight and Scope compliment the Session Very Well. Last but not least, Jim Ingram with Ingram's Archery Supply in Quitman, AR. Jim set this up for me (I'm still a novice), Jim is a true professional and does quality work.
Now to the good stuff 29" DL 60# Session Pro set to 55lbs, shooting 27.5 in Easton Fatboy 500's, Rip Cord "Code Red" drop rest, and an Octane Stabilizer. I don't have a Chronograph but this Joker is fast, at 55lbs it put the first Fatboy all the way through a Mckenzie Shotblocker at 20 Yds. It went so far through the other side that I will have to re-fletch that arrow. Folks this bow is smooth and quiet, a true joy to shoot. "The System" by Davis is easy to adjust, set up and can go either right or left-handed, the fact that it came with the colored knobs, scope, 4x lens and light all for around $350 was great.

Again Robert thanks
Truly a great and enjoyable bow to shoot, I will be a Maitland Customer for life.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
That is a sweet looking rig.. We just became dealers for Maitland and will be placing our first orders this week.. I think we are going to really appreciate the quality of these bows... Thanks for the review... Ordering a pro lefty for myself.!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice. Can't wait to get mine. Ordered it in orange w/ polished cams.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Very nice. I love my 2 X Factors!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I noticed there are no grip inlays. Did the bow not come w/ them, or did you remove them?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the way the bow was made, I love them. as a novice shooter trying to move up in class I was having a problem gripping and torquing my bow. These grips have eliminated it instantly. I have seen some experience shooters wrap it with a tape similar to golf club grip tape.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
i went with the gunmetal and orange .... the red i nice also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maitland 20yd results III.jpg

I finally got to get some range time between work and dealing with the Exxon Oil spill in my neighborhood. Here are my preliminary 20 yd results.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2012...I shoot lefty so I would have had to wait till june for the 2013. I'm proably going to sell all my Hoyt stuff, peel the hoyt stickers off my truck and order the new Kinetics for hunting. I have to get the order in ASAP as bow season in Arkansas opens in 4 months.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay Finally got to a local long range. My first time ever seriously shooting this far, I've donated my 5 bucks a couple times to fling a couple sticks in the long dot before but this pic is literally my second group of three from 60, no BS yards.

Maitland 60yd.JPG

Hope the Range didn't mind me putting my own dot on thier target with a sharpie...those little yellow dots were very hard to see from 50 so I made a solid black one.:embarres:

THIS BOW IS FLAT OUT SMOOTH!!!

If you don't have a Maitland dealer local...call Mike in sales and ask him to give you a price shipped.

Now if I could only get a Maitland t-shirt :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Abel, Robinhood Video is cutting me a deal (more than 30% less then some of the popular brands) on some stabilizers. Should straighten out my wobble and put the fatboys center Mass. I would strongly suggest anyone shopping for all types of stabilizers give them a call. Tell them Mark Geasy sent you.

When I get them in and mounted I'll head back out and post some picks.

Anyone interested in some used hoyts check out my posts, mine are for sale. I've enterd hoytaholics anonymous curtesy of Dr. Maitland! here is the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2013374 Make me an offer!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
you probably have one of the first Lefty's of 2013. There were none made in 2012.

Sooooo....that means the lefty's are on the way!

·
Registered
114 Posts
you probably have one of the first Lefty's of 2013. There were none made in 2012.

Sooooo....that means the lefty's are on the way!
I hadn't realized that this was a LH bow! I'm also waiting for one. I'm pretty sure some lefties were made in 2012. If you look at the bow carefully (cutout patterns), it's built on a 2012 "Session" riser. Maitland can build a "Session Pro" out of last year's "Session" riser for those who can't wait. Shooting with blindfolds you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

2013-Session-Pro-vs-2012-Session.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Khat,
You are precisely correct that was my understanding when I ordered it from Rob. My Session is a Session Pro built on a 2012 Riser. I get all kinds of compliments on it. We all know how hard it is to give up the brand loyalty we develop with our favorite manufactures, its kind of funny to watch the hoyt, mathews, elite and pearson shooters handle this then look at there bows....you know the look.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I first heard about this my immediate question which I'm sure many of you are about to ask was:
Didn't the 2012 Session have an ATA of 40.25"? How is it possible to use that riser to make a Session Pro?

It turns out that the 2012 and 2013 risers are very similar and the significant difference between the 2012 Session and 2013 Session Pro is that this year Maitland has added a lot more pre-load on the limbs, crunching them down to 38 5/8" ATA making them slightly beyond parallel for that zero recoil feel.

The brace height went from 7.75" to 6 7/8" (which I'm happy about) so I'm wondering if the limbs are also a little shorter ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts