Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my XT 3 weeks ago at the last min after taking the XT challenge and after shooting a Fred Bear for 5 years. After ordering my SB I happen to come upon this site and others noticed quite a few negative posts concerning the cable wear near the cam on the XT.

The pro shop helped tuned the bow and I am in the process of fine tuning and have had it to the range 3 times. I can't say enough about how smooth this bow is and quiet. It just feels good to shoot and my groups are tight. It is a smooth and sweet bow. I think it was money well spent and don't regret it.

Unfortunately, I do have to report that the cable serving is seperating near the cam just as in the other pics and will be taking it back to the pro shop and see what happens. I have already sent an e-mail to Mathews and they referred me back to the dealer. After all the hub bubb, I decided to look at my old Fred Bear which I had a new Zebra string put on 2 seasons ago and it is a one cam bow as well. It is doing the exact same thing, I just never noticed it until I looked that close. I took 2 deer last year with it as is and it has never broke.

The XT is one sweet bow and I hope Mathews treats me right and fixes it with no additional money. I decided to buy the Mathews HD rest and Quiver and ended up walking out of the shop spending just under a grand in equipment. Some have recomended replacing the string with a Winner's Choice or Bucknasty or just adding some Brownells. In close inspection of the serving, I will admit it is seperating but after looking at my old Fred Bear and knowing how that string held up I think my worries from all of the negative posts may have been overkill. I hope Mathews does find a solution to the problem. Although I have only owned the bow for less than a week I would recomend it to anyone who has the funds to purchase one. At this time, I feel the cable problem is minor.

Overall, I am shooting good bullet holes, with no fletching contact and groups are tight out to 40 (don't hunt past 30). When shooting with my buddy who has a PSE with him standing 15 feet away, he could not get over how quiet the XT was.

Thanks for everyone's tips.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
My XT showed a little cable seperation after 100 shots or so but 1500 shots later it has not got any worse. All of my Mathews shows a little wear. After hunting season I will put some Vapor Trails on it. Don't want to touch it now as it is driving tacks. Glad you like it. I would not own anything else.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think I got too nervous before hand. It took me 6 months and a pair of diamond earrings before I could convince the wifey I could spend that much money on a bow. I think you are right about the wear........like I said my Fred Bear has the same wear and it has been fine for a year. I used to shoot that thing all the time. This Mathews though is top notch.

·
Registered
685 Posts
uh

See I told you you was getting all worried about nothing.
As for me all I did was put on and STS and shoot. Never worried about sticking things to my pretty new bow.
I am having a slight problem but its with my Toxonics sight, silly horizontal adjustment screw doesnt want to keep tight. Had it come loose both times at indoor range after resetting the sight (horizontaly) and after not shooting for month or so I was having some issues drawing so fella next to me had a sweet Conquest 3 and had same draw so I got him to place 3 arrows and he seemed to think I had the horizontal pretty close.
2 fellas there had new Trykon XLs and darned if those things arent louds/noisey. They bot had 26.5 and 27 DL and chronoed 276 and 279 and my XT slung a 271 and a 273 with my 27 in draw.
The fella with the 27 in draw shot my bow and I really think he is gonna look at one as he was trying to get other fella to shoot it but since he had 6 Hoyt stickers on truck, tshirt, hat, belt buckle(!?!) case (ie he wanted to show off his bow brand) and he wouldnt even look at it hardly.
anyway I was told to wax the crap out of my string/cable even the serving. I dont think I will at where the drop away cable was served in but everywhere else I will.
Good luck,good shooting and have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts