Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just owndering about what type of bow i should get for me for competetionmy poundage 50 at 26 inch draw please help!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hoyt Ultra Elite!
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already have it in blue fusion and a mathews mustang in kiwi

·
Registered
131 Posts
What are you looking to use it for indoor, 3d? I'm sure there will be many many answers but the "right one" is the one that you feels fits you best and shoots comfortably for you after trying out as many as possible. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the longer ATA bows from any of the manufacturers out there like Mathews, Hoyt or Bowtech. Let's face it most of the higher end "competition" bows will shoot way better than most people are capable of.

Just my .02

Sticks

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have a 26" PSE Mach Pro and like it.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Hard to beat these three bows.

Barnsdale, Bowman, and Merlin are among the top bows for accuracy and craftsmanship.

Sag.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Worth a serious look.

I would recommend a look at the Richwood/ CSS equipment. I shoot the system and love it. Accuracy is second to none and you can choose the ata and riser options you want.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
i hate to say this since ima hoyt kinda guy but the new bowtech allegiance has some great speed at shorter dl's.

i shot one at 27" at 50 lbs. shooting 290 gr. cx 150's and getting 290fps.

super quiet and the new cams really took the jolt out of the short ata bow.

i was impressed to say the least cause the allegiance riser is the same thing at the patriot from '04 and i hated shooting that thing with a dual cam setup.

talk about jump forward city.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Any bow out there will do you fine. Things to look for are, how does it fit your hand, does it “feel” right to you. Look at the bow performance, not speed but nock travel. Don’t confuse straight line with straight and level. Look at let offs and how easy it is to convert from one let off to another. Look at adjustments in the bow, is it every ½” or every 1/4” just a few things to think about.It is more apparent these days that brace height far out ways axel-to-axel, high brace height for indoor shooting will do you well.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
McPherson Bishop

The Bishop is a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET shooting machine..........

YOu will LOVE it.............

Walleye REv...............

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Mcpherson Bishop...

3 cam options
mossy oak and color options.....

good speed, great forgivingness.....

very great aiming and smooth bow......

the vib x system keeps the bow very vibration free......

Attachments

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
punchy...

can you get 280 fps at 26"dl with that bow....at say 60 lbs?

most of the time i hear 280 plus but they are 28"dl or above...jus wondering

1 - 13 of 13 Posts