Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my Ohio turkey that I shot last Thursday morning. I don't think we were in the blind any longer than 10 minutes. :darkbeer:

8 yard shot - Full strut
0 yard recovery
10 1/4 inch Beard
1" Spurs
22 lb Eastern

Watch him just lower his head to the ground after the shot.

·
Bowhunter
1,639 Posts
2 freaking cool!!!!!! Congrats! Nice Bird GREAT VIDEO!!!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Very nice bird and good video! I love seeing that Alpine Whisperflite, its such an underated rest!!!

Were you both in that blind???

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Awesome video and shot . Congrats

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
You thumped 'em man! CONGRATS!!! :shade:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Good job on the bird man.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
nice bird and good video congrats man

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice bird and good video! I love seeing that Alpine Whisperflite, its such an underated rest!!!

Were you both in that blind???
I won that rest at a 3D shoot where they had a raffle for different items. Love it so far.

Both of us were in the blind, but my cameraman got out before me and videoed my getting out of it. He made me sit there longer than I wanted to, cause I wanted to get my hands on that bird. :darkbeer:

Thanks for the great comments all. Glad you enjoyed it. The only thing that could have made it any better is bright sunlight on him to show off his colors better.

I think that was my most exciting turkey hunt. One reason being he was sooo close and in full strut with the blind window WIDE open. I thought for sure he'd catch me drawing the bow. He had to be pretty focused on that decoy.

:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
i'm new to turkey hunting, started this year and killed my first bird this year. I was told that when a bird is coming in and fired up their head and necks get quite red. This bird didn't show that, is that normal?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts