Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well bow season opened here in KY this past Saturday morning & I was in the Ol Man well before first light....I was hunting a farm that me & my hunting buddy have had sole permission to hunt for the past 6 years or so & I hunted on the fringe of a bedding area where we have had a feeder located since spring...To say the least it was a dry morning for me....Only thing I saw was a big old white house cat at daybreak.....Not even a freakin tree rat around me....I figured I would wait it out till around 10:00 or so before climbing down....Well at around 8:30 I caught something moving through some cedar trees only to glass it & realize it was Roy my hunting buddy....He came down the old road bed with his head down & give his new scentlock cap/head net combo a nice pitch down the road while pulling his hair out...LOL....I asked what was wrong & he told me that he had 13 bucks & 1 doe come under his stand about 8:00 & then proceeded to blow a 5 yard shot on a giant 10 pointer....LOL....He said it was atleast 20"s inside with about 7" brow tines & huge mass & long beams...By far the best deer he's ever saw on this farm & we've seen alot of 140" to 150" deer on this land....He always takes his video camera hunting with him & he bought a Gorilla Arm camera mount the other day..He was trying to film all the bucks that were under him & setup for the shot @ the same time...Well he managed to screw both things up...Had the camera on pause & missed the deer....He was sick...Anyway...I didnt see anything Saturday morning but I did pass on a small 8 point Sunday morning & saw a few does that morning & another small 7 & more does that afternoon....Other than that my opener was a bust.........

·
Say What?
1,906 Posts
Hunting

I talked to a buddy of mine that lives in Owensboro, KY and he said his brother came in to hunt the weekend. Saturday was not a good day for them but on Sunday morning my buddy's brother had to watch a 160+ 12 point at 78 yrds for about 10 minutes. He said his brother was a mess after that hunt. You would have thought it was 20 degrees outside he was shaking so bad............................. I can't wait till I get to go up in Nov. for 6 days of hunting.

Only 4 days till season here in Georgia..... Good luck to everyone....

Jonathan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just curious! What part of Kentucky do you hunt? I was down in Eastern Ky Saturday hunting on my dad's farm. Didn't see nothing but a couple of yearlings.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robalan

Hey Rob....I hunt in the south central part of the state.... Green Co.
Just look for the middle of KY on a map & you'll be close to Green Co., it's kinda shaped like a ham...
I actually live east of there now but I'm originally from Green, I live in Pulaski Co. "Somerset is the city" it's on Lake Cumberland.....I really dont have any places to hunt over here thats why I always go back to Green to hunt.....Plus I NEVER see any deer around here at all...Might hit some of the Govt. land around here though...Also gonna hunt some of the Govt. Land in Taylor Co. on Green River Lake some too, we scouted some of it over the weekend & found LOTS of buck sign...More buck tracks than doe tracks where we were ..... Only draw back is that it's hot as can be & we have to walk about 2 miles to get back to where we want to hunt up there on Green River Lake....Though we do have some other places we're gonna check out on the lake that we can reach by boat........Anyway, I hope everyone has a good season this year & lets the little ones walk.....And if anyone hunts around Somerset & needs a guy to tag along with em let me know...LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts