Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs_up

I have been practicing this summer with these instead of the Tracers and Lumanoks I have used in the past. I went all last season back to using none because of the hit and miss results with those.
I saw these on the rack at a local archery shop and bought 6 green without any reserch. I mainly just dont want to lose any more arrows. I was so pleased with the fact that they work EVERY time that I ran back and bought 12 more:smile:

I have shot a few deer now with them and finding the arrow was just too easy considering it was buried in the ground a few inches every time and glowing green.
First real test was last weekend. I shot a groundhog with a 3 blade bloodrunner as basically a test run for the heads my buddy swares he just has to shoot..whatever.
I shot the hog at 15 yards and had litterly cut this thing apart and it expired very quickly. Well the arrow blew thru and disappeared into some brush pile.
I looked for awhile for it after dark but seen no glow so I just gave up. I had not hunted that area again till last night, a WEEK later. At dark tonight I notice a green glow back in the pines behind me. After dark I climbed down and found my arrow with the bloodrunner embedded into a large pine tree and just completely covered with pine sap. I pry`d it out and while doing so the nok went out. I restet the switch but the battery is dead or the sap finally made it inside...who cares... A WEEK LATER it was glowing and I found the arrow.

I will continue to use these noks with 100% confidence. Thanks for reading
Dave

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Sounds like a decent product! I've used other lighted nocks but have no experience with those, I may just have to try them sometime?

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought mine early this year and the shelves were lined with all colors... now just cobwebs. I hope they are not gonna reduce quality once demand is in high numbers.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Did they affect your broadhead flight much? We just started carrying them at Bass Pro this year and they look sweet but I haven't got the chance to test them out yet.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Did they affect your broadhead flight much? We just started carrying them at Bass Pro this year and they look sweet but I haven't got the chance to test them out yet.
Not on my arrows. They fly right like my others.

I bought a few to test with and, like the OP, fell in love and ordered more (Cabelas) and could not be more happy with them. DoubleTake has hit the nail on the head with these

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I cant wait until I can finally find some of these! I waited and waited because my local scheels always had a huge selection and then I went to buy them one day and nothing! Should of just bought em earlier.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
They weigh 20 grs .... I dont want anymore weight on my arrow....esp. the back end .....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I shoot axis arrows and nockturnals.The nockturnals have worked great for me ,my wife and son.We've all killed deer with them and they've performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Love mine as well! I shot a doe and the nock itself snapped in half. Just to see, I left it on. So far, it's been 4.5 days and still going strong. I thought the red was suppose to have a shorter lifespan, but thus far it's been great! No change in broadhead flight best I can tell, I've not shot over 40 yards with them though.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,085 Posts
I love these nocks they are very dependable and have had 5 kills with them already and no failures and even buried in a tree and the nock flew out the back and I found it because it was still lit...

They will be with me when I am in the woods, and they are priced right....:thumbs_up

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ive been looking for some green ones but most places are out of stock. ive been doing alot of research on the nockturnals compared to the carbon express and lumenock versions but have concluded that the double takes blow them outta the water. cant wait to get them on my arrows for this weekend!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts