Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You always seem to hear and read about the stuff that does not work very well, but that is not been the case with this target. My Rinehart 18-1 target finally died this evening. I have to admit that it has really been a great target. I know I have put well over 5,000 broadheads into this thing in the 7 months, and I have never been able to do that with any other target. To be very honest, I ruined 2 of the small Block 4x4 targets before hunting season started last year. At $99.99 a pop, I will never own another Block. Anyway, the Rinehart has proven to be the best target investment I have ever made for braodheads. I have my sales receipt in hand, and it's off to my dealer tomorrow to try out Rinehart's "hassle-free" guarantee. I'll be sure to let y'all know how that turns out.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Subscribing

· Registered
960 Posts
I know I'll be buying one this year. I've heard nothing but good about these targets.

· Registered
2,616 Posts
I just bought one as well! This is my plan for it, instead of trying as hard as I possibly can to wear it out in a year, I am going to let it last as long as possible. Which will probably be a long time! It would suck to have the thing worn out a month after the warranty is up, so I am only going to shoot at it when I need to. Most of the time, with broadheads. Lets see if I can get 3 years out of it :thumb:

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Yep, all 18 sides have to have a passthru.

· Registered
5,892 Posts
You always seem to hear and read about the stuff that does not work very well, but that is not been the case with this target. My Rinehart 18-1 target finally died this evening. I have to admit that it has really been a great target. I know I have put well over 5,000 broadheads into this thing in the 7 months, and I have never been able to do that with any other target. To be very honest, I ruined 2 of the small Block 4x4 targets before hunting season started last year. At $99.99 a pop, I will never own another Block. Anyway, the Rinehart has proven to be the best target investment I have ever made for braodheads. I have my sales receipt in hand, and it's off to my dealer tomorrow to try out Rinehart's "hassle-free" guarantee. I'll be sure to let y'all know how that turns out.
Let's see a photo of this target. It's not that I don't believe you or anything, I just want to see what one looks like after 5000 BH shots.

Kev

· Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's your pictures

FYI,I'm pretty sure all 18 sides have to be ruined before the warranty kicks in.I'm not nocking it,I like mine. I was told this by someone else and it will be interesting to see how you make out.
According to the warranty information on their website, all sides have to be shot out 3". The arrows also have to go through the target in any of those spots. I can assure you that this is the case. The pictures do not really do this justice, but there is literally nothing left. At this point, I could probably take my hands and easily pull the target apart. Anyway, I even used ornage sticky dots on all the remaining solid areas around the sides. It just doesn't stop arrows anymore. I ran some numbers based on my average shooting routine last night. This target has probably had in excess of 6,000 shots. To be very honest, I would probably buy another even if they did not honor the warranty. It has held up that well!

Attachments

· Registered
318 Posts
If Rinehart would make a flat face target (similar to a block) I would probably buy it. My only deal is I hate shooting into one spot. Especially with broadheads, it tears up arrows way too much. Plus why do you need 18 sides...you can only shoot one at a time. Make a square target and I'll buy one.

· Registered
661 Posts
If Rinehart would make a flat face target (similar to a block) I would probably buy it. My only deal is I hate shooting into one spot. Especially with broadheads, it tears up arrows way too much. Plus why do you need 18 sides...you can only shoot one at a time. Make a square target and I'll buy one.
So you can walk around it and judge yardage without having to adjust target. Thats what I use one for.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.