Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my shop was robbed this morning. I had 12 Mathews bows stolen. Please if possible help me to keep an eye on the classifieds on this & other forums & also E-Bay. Thanks for any help. This is a list of the bows taken:
SERIAL NUMBER BOW MODEL

1) 714783 MUSTANG 50# 26” DRAW
2) 717294 MUSTANG 40# 25” DRAW
3) 706802 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 27” DRAW
4) 700079 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 28” DRAW
5) 704473 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 28” DRAW
6) 723676 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 28.5” DRAW
7) 724461 SWITCHBACK XT 60# 28.5” DRAW
8) 724557 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 29” DRAW
9) 727151 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 29” DRAW
10) 717676 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 29.5” DRAW
11) 704762 SWITCHBACK XT 70# 30” DRAW

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
Id get banned if i said what i wanted to .. cant believe a fellow "outdoors" man would do this :mad:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Don't forget craig'slist.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
tcooll77 said:
Id get banned if i said what i wanted to .. cant believe a fellow "outdoors" man would do this :mad:
Fellow outdoorsmen my butt!

These activities in our area are almost exclusively the work of crack- and meth-heads.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Keith, I'll keep an eye open. And I'll let you know if anyone tries to unload anything like this up in Huntsville. When Denney's Archery in Holly Pond was hit a couple of years ago, the bows were unloaded in Kentucky.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
dirty sons-a..........
Sorry for your loss, but I'll keep and eye out. I'm sure that kind of volume of stolen goods will be try to be resold for a profit through some avenue, most likely the internet. Chances are they'll also be offered as "full warranty". Is there anyway you can let mathews know the situation? As soon as a buyer tries to register the bow for the warranty, they will have to give the serial number. They may be able to track it back to a seller that way. Just an idea.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't believe this was the work of a fellow outdoors man. This is the act of a real low- life. sorry for the bad luck, hope they catch um.

(Walk softly and care a big stick)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I feel for ya' man. I was just robbed last saturday night Too. Dirty SOB's took about $400 worth of CDs and some money out of my truck.:( I can't imagine what it would be like to have my bows stolen!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
KEITHSARCHERY said:
what is craigs list?
Might be local out here, I'll check. You can post stuff for sale. I've sold bicycles on there.

http://bham.craigslist.org/

They're in almost every area. Hit some of the cities in your area of the country, go to sporting goods, and search for "bow".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who else but outdoorsman will know the value...

Of Mathew's bows in particular the hot spankin' new Switchback XT? The number one bow taken? Not crack head, meth heads, yeah, but not crack heads...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Also check pawn shops, flea markets, things like that. Talk to the shop owners so they keep an eye out.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'd say if this was done for drugs then you won't see them on ebay or the internet. That would take to long and they probably need cash in hand. I would really keep an eye on local and distant pawn shops. I wouldn't assume it was done by local people. Good luck this must hurt pretty bad and I feel for you. Hopefully you catch the SOB's that did this!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Video security camera systems can be had at a fairly low cost these days, to be able to hand over a crime in progress, captured on video, to the authoritys would certainly help. Something to think about for sure. Thats a drag man...prosecute to the max if the opprotunity comes around.

·
74,535 Posts
That sucks

I agree its not sportsman.

Both times this happened here in my town it was druggies and the sad part is we found two of the bows and police didnt do anything about it.:mad:

Said there was a federal investigation going on with the house they were in and they couldnt blow there cover.

Hope you have success in recovering these items. Im on ebay and here alot. Ill keep my ey out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts