Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not every shot, just occasionally, my arrows will be between 4 and 8 inches off of where I was intending to hit. Do I need to work on my form or can a light poundage sometimes make that happen. My draw weight is around 35 pounds but can probably go up to 40. Are adjustments and practice, practice, practice needed so I can be happy, happy, happy? :D

Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Most people don't realize it's bow torque. watch your grip on the bow and check that your contact portion isn't changing with the shot. My personal experience is that I wasn't gripping the bow but closing my bow hand right at the shot moment which moves the muscle that the bow is in contact.

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
It could be youre draw length is a little too long for you causeing you to have inconsistent form. just a thought. good luck

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
To keep form issues in check I like to shoot from point blank range. Close your eyes before releasing all your focus will be on the bow hand and how the bow reacts at the shot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
:shade: Sounds similar to the problem i have with shots going left of the target. It drives me nuts one shot good the next 7 or 8 inches left never right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like form. Try loosening your grip. Just my experience...but when I am pulling shots to the left it's because I am gripping too tight and torqueing the bow. Since I am a right handed shooter...my shots pull left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts