Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sight is only about 30 days old. Never been dropped, never laid down. Never smacked with a hammer. Nothing. I took a nice clean shot tonight and it flew onto the floor. Upon closer look the metal just broke where it mounts. Now its cranked tight enough so it does not move but only hand tight. I don't understand why this would happen..

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I would call the company. It looks like weak metal.

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
probably just a defect. I'm sure the manufacturer will warranty it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Call em anyway. Lot of accesory companys will take care of you anyway.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Except i tossed the receipt. Lol. Dammit. I liked the sight too.
So what? This is clearly a manufacturing defect (though not obvious to any inspection). Just contact the manufacturer and it will be taken care of. Sorry about your bad luck, dude.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If i made the sight...I would warranty it. Its a freak thing to go wrong. I sent an email to them. Lets see what they say.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
I've seen a sight do this on the brackett at the range after the guy just bought the sight(I watched him buy it) I won't say the name cause it was taken care of by the shop it was bought.it appeared to be cast aluminum or mag?not sure but it had all verticle pins.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I figured as much, I heard Extreme moved all of their low end sight operations to China. Boo Extreme. Rick Clark is still making them in the good ole USA, yeah Viper!

·
Registered
826 Posts
:thumbs_up ^^^^^

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had an Extreme as well that broke at the mounting bracket. I took it back to the Pro Shop I purchased it at and they replaced it. No idea if China Makes it or not, but my dad looked at the broken piece and said that with some of the current processes being used, small microscopic air bubbles can remain in the metal while cooling because it is a cast part. These air bubbles would make the metal more likely to fail if they are in the right area.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Call the manufacturer, tell them what happened. They may want you to email them the pics. I'd say is a casting problem. It happens. Figure it'll be replaced no problem.....IF the company wants to keep its good name.

·
Trendsetter
1,467 Posts
Try a viper extreme outsourced their stuff to china from what I hear. Surely they will replace. Id get the new set and sell or trade for viper or something else be glad you wasnt on a hunt!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts