Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son Travis, 13, shot this Rio Grande turkey in Texas this past week. The turkeys were gobbling like crazy but were not totally in the mood. It was great to spend time with him and see him succeed. He is still not old enough to hunt with a bow in New York state, sad. Anyway, with all of the turmoil of the last few weeks it was good to get back to the basics of why we bowhunt. Good luck to everyone who is going to chase thunderchickens for the next few weeks.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Well done, Pete! Tell him congratulations.

We leave on the 2nd for our annual turkey hunt. I hope my boys connect as well.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
just my thoughts

First off give the kid a slap on the back, that is totally awesome, I have 4 kids and youth season opens up the 12th of April here in Missouri. My 11 year old gets the first crack at it with a 20ga, if he tags out then I get to take my 7 yr old daughter. If she gets one then I will take my 6 yr old daughter, and if she tags out then I am taking my 5 year old son. We are using a ground blind and decoys, so I am excited, got two myself this past fall. Regular season opens up the 21st of April, and I am taking 2 weeks off to hunt with my bow.
GL to All!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Thats great here's a big:thumb: to him

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Congrats

·
Banned
76 Posts
Tell your son congrats.

Just a note...I'm not sure but I thought that in the state of New York the bow hunting age was 12. NJ has it as 10. I double checked the state license site and it says that in NY bow hunters must be over the age of 12.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Congrats!!!!! id be darn proud of him

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Great job, young man! You have done something that a lot of adults haven't done yet. I bet your dad was more tore up than you were? I look foward to seeing my girls take their first animal with a bow or gun.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
congrats.

·
Registered
678 Posts
thats awesome:thumbs_up, wish i could be out there but unfortunately i didn't draw out:cry:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice:) Can't wait till turkey season here in ohio. Although I will take my single shot 12:eek:....don't hate I just love that gun:wink:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
Great turkey Travis!! Thanks for sharing your son's success with us Pete! Great to see the younger generation out there having success!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts