Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most bows i have ever handled have had pretty taught string when first drawing but my bow is kind of slack for the first little bit coul it be that my string is to long or cables to short ? any suggestions for fixing either? THanks much .

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Measure the specs on the bow
ATA, BH, DL and DW this should tell you if something is off

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i purchased it as a 60# but it came from the factory as 65# so that might explain something but i dono what cause i dono much about bows i am just getting into it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Did someone adjust your draw lenght by twisting the string or cable?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Did you check the specs?
Measure the axle to axle distance. Measure from center of top axle to center of bottom axle...what is the measurement? Measure the Brace height (distance from string to the deepest part of the grip)...what is it?

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
bridge said:
most bows i have ever handled have had pretty taught string when first drawing but my bow is kind of slack for the first little bit coul it be that my string is to long or cables to short ? any suggestions for fixing either? THanks much .
The string on any compound bow is under a lot of pressure even at rest.

What do you mean by “my bow is kind of slack for the first little bit”.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ever other bow i have ever shot you feel weight the second you begin pulling back on the string with mine there is weight but it is very little say 15# for about 4" of my draw length right at the beggining i am thinkin it might be that the cables are tighter than the string or somthing ? i dono any ideas are great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could it be my buss cable ? cause upon further investigation and talking to buddies it is twisted pretty tight so would unwinding that a little help?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
bridge said:
could it be my buss cable ? cause upon further investigation and talking to buddies it is twisted pretty tight so would unwinding that a little help?
Untwisting the buss cable is going to decrease poundage. You are probably way out of spec on the string and cables. I have even seen them start to break under the serving. How long have you had the bow? When was the last time the string and cable(s) replaced?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Sounds like your buss cable is twisted a bit much. That would cause a higher draw weight, and the slack string.

I'll bet when you measure the A to A it's shorter than it should be.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You should just replace the string and cable. The cables on all the SQ32's i sold thru the shop were built using several pieces of string with 4 or 5 knots under the serving where it wraps around the DL mod. worst built cables i've ever seen!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah my A-A was a bit short and the poundage is 5# over what the limbs say so should i take a few twists out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all of your guys help it is shooting a whole lot better and faster ta boot. I was kinda skeptical of boards but i have gotten alot of great help from all the guys on here thanks again.:wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts