Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
32,875 Posts
Thats a beauty alright......I've never had the pleasure of shooting one but if its anywhere near to how the Elite feels then it has to be a sweet shooter. I love the Elites and I hope to have a 11 XLR to add to my GT500 next yr. The Strother looks super and I hope it performs well for ya.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shot the elites for a couple of years, and if I would give my opinion, the strother is smoother on the draw no hump at all and has less vibration at the shot compared to the gt500 I have had.. I also like the wider shelf on the strother for more room for the launcher blades of fall away rests... if you ever get a chance to shoot one I would.....

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Great looking bow, congratulations.
Good luck hunting with it this fall !

·
32,875 Posts
I shot the elites for a couple of years, and if I would give my opinion, the strother is smoother on the draw no hump at all and has less vibration at the shot compared to the gt500 I have had.. I also like the wider shelf on the strother for more room for the launcher blades of fall away rests... if you ever get a chance to shoot one I would.....
I don't see how they could be any smoother than the GT500 I shot. Did you shoot the new 2010 Elite bows. I hear they are alot smoother with a longer valley than the 09s. I will shoot a Strother as soon as I can get the chance. The bows have to have similarities due to Strother having a hand in both. It didn't bother me at all that it wasn't a Mathews, Hoyt or Bowtech.

·
Registered
915 Posts
That certainly is a killing rig :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I shot the Infinity and the GT 500 side by side last week and i thought the Infinity shot way better than the GT 500, less hand shock and quieter, they both held very well and the draw was good on both, maybe the GT wasnt tuned right but it didnt feel nearly as good, The infinity is the best shooting bow i have ever shot, i was truly amazed by it.

I don't see how they could be any smoother than the GT500 I shot. Did you shoot the new 2010 Elite bows. I hear they are alot smoother with a longer valley than the 09s. I will shoot a Strother as soon as I can get the chance. The bows have to have similarities due to Strother having a hand in both. It didn't bother me at all that it wasn't a Mathews, Hoyt or Bowtech.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.